advice

fozzyskye

Reaction score
hi after a bit of advice have a s3 8l pre fl apy engine 210 hp does the amk ecu fit as i have a remapped one off my cupra r also wanted to change the rocker cover so i can use the other coil packs i have not the bolt down ones many thanks

ECU is not a direct fit... AMK is wideband while APY is narrow band.. there are other differences too... AMK ECU will expect to see a different MAF sensor, VVT and EGT sensor non of which you have... you would also need to get the ECU immo defeated or change to facelift clocks to get immo working once recoded.

Wideband conversions are doable though, Bill at Badger5 does loads of these on narrow band cars but you would need all the right bits for it to work and arguable be cheaper to get your APY mapped and sell the AMK ECU.

Cam cover and coil packs will swap over fine

<tuffty/>

ECU is not a direct fit... AMK is wideband while APY is narrow band.. there are other differences too... AMK ECU will expect to see a different MAF sensor, VVT and EGT sensor non of which you have... you would also need to get the ECU immo defeated or change to facelift clocks to get immo working once recoded.

Wideband conversions are doable though, Bill at Badger5 does loads of these on narrow band cars but you would need all the right bits for it to work and arguable be cheaper to get your APY mapped and sell the AMK ECU.

Cam cover and coil packs will swap over fine

<tuffty/>
thanks mate thats great will keep looking for a apy remapped ecu but will get cam cover done soon as

You are better off just getting the car custom mapped mate... there is no telling if whatever map is on whatever ECU you get is suitable...

<tuffty/>

You are better off just getting the car custom mapped mate... there is no telling if whatever map is on whatever ECU you get is suitable...

<tuffty/>
probably will when i get the rest of the stuff on it mate