rnse downgrade and rnse sw 650 update

dg-1984

Reaction score
I have a 2007 s3 with mk1 rnse, it is currently on sw: 600.
I want the upgrade the firmware to 650 but the new maps I bought (from eBay) says it would update the firmware which it did not.
I got the 650 firmware file sent through to me which I burnt onto a CD but does nothing when I put it into the DVD slot.
I have also been on vcds and clicked on the downgrade but that also seems to do nothing.
Can anyone help me out.

Need this done so the aux will be available as I have coded and read need the updated firmware.

Thanks.

Iirc it can take up to 15 minutes or longer sometimes before the update will start.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: dg-1984
Iirc it can take up to 15 minutes or longer sometimes before the update will start.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So do I need the ignition on? Or just the key in ignition.
Do I just put the CD with the files in and leave it, need in any specific mode navigation etc?
Does if matter what style CD the files are written on?

All I did with mine was write it to a standard CD insert it into the player in NAVI mode with the key turned on I think and waited what seemed for ages before it started.

All I did with mine was write it to a standard CD insert it into the player in NAVI mode with the key turned on I think and waited what seemed for ages before it started.

Wrote a DVD with the files to try and also not working when inserted it comes up and says unknown files beside the CD icon.
I wrote the DVD in iso&joilet (or whatever it is can't remember,)under filesystems menu. The first CD I burnt I didn't select anything just burnt them but this also says unknown files when loaded.

This should not be this hard..

Don't set to downgrade as it will look for an older version, just set coding to normal, do a reset, insert nav DVD & it will upgrade if the nav DVD is correct.

Don't set to downgrade as it will look for an older version, just set coding to normal, do a reset, insert nav DVD & it will upgrade if the nav DVD is correct.

Was a maps DVD off eBay, the maps etc and 7-digit postcode work but didn't seem to update. I will try again.

Even if I could get someone close to me to put their newer maps DVD in just to update firmware then that would be ideal.

7 digit postcode works with no firmware changes, interesting.

Ok so if you reset the rnse using radio and setup then it puts the vcds code back to 0 for updating if you have selected 1 to downgrade.
I have just set the value to 1 saved, exited vcds and then not removing the key just put in the old maps DVD now says updating software.
Now on the old SW0550.
Put the new maps from eBay in and doesn't update.

Hi bud, like I said in my reply the files I sent you were the exact same files I used, interesting that it says unknown files, did you say you have access to a windows machine to burn the files?

Hi bud, like I said in my reply the files I sent you were the exact same files I used, interesting that it says unknown files, did you say you have access to a windows machine to burn the files?

Thought I had but laptop doesn't have burning software, will try get some freeware and see if it will work tomorrow.

Imgburn will do it pal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

Thanks for everyone's help.
Wrote a new CD with the 5 files and 1 folder using the imgburn software using a windows laptop and worked.
Unit says reading disc for about 30-60 seconds and then updates.

Possible faults I think is using mac to burn the CD possible filesystems difference.

Thanks again much appreciated, I can now use my Bluetooth aux input to play Spotify and all my music.

Reactions: carlcall