Having a good day....

Bumbleytee

Reaction score
So.... i have an Imola S3. My pride and joy, cost me a small fortune since i bought it, engine swap, rebuild etc....

now this! (see picture)

starting to think this car is out to get me!

IMG 3990

So.... i have an Imola S3. My pride and joy, cost me a small fortune since i bought it, engine swap, rebuild etc....

now this! (see picture)

starting to think this car is out to get me!

View attachment 101641

It actually amazes me how seized these drive shaft bolts get on the S3/TT... Would obviously never happen on an A3 :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
(Sorry, not very helpful)

Shouldn't be an expensive fix though... You should be able to wack that through with something, (might have to soak in penetration fluid like WD40 or something), once free you'll probably have to undo the 3 ball joint bolts (underside of arm) to get the hub out the way and get the shaft out.

If you can't get the snapped bolt out, worst case scenario it's a new drive shaft... You should be able to take apart the CV and use another CV cup thing though

Hi VAG-Slag

been and got another shaft last night was easier to just pick one up for my own piece of mind ha! Hub is also cracked and forcing bearing out (3 bearings 4 month) so decided now would be the perfect opportunity to change that too ha

just having a brilliant day, i've drove i think 6 cars this week and not one of them has been mine ha ha!