P1297 help please

Ant181

Reaction score
Pressure drop between turbo and throttle valve p1297 ??? Anyone know the problem
Maf is alright and working now no boost tho

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/17705/P1297/004759

This is a software issue and is normally sorted with a map tweak or in most decent remaps... it is also related to faulty MAF's but if you say yours is ok (how have you validated this?) then its a mapping issue

Cycling the ignition typically clears the issue (gets boost back) until the conditions present themselves again

Is your car remapped?

<tuffty/>

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/17705/P1297/004759

This is a software issue and is normally sorted with a map tweak or in most decent remaps... it is also related to faulty MAF's but if you say yours is ok (how have you validated this?) then its a mapping issue

Cycling the ignition typically clears the issue (gets boost back) until the conditions present themselves again

Is your car remapped?

<tuffty/>
Not as far as I kno it boost at 0.9 bar when running good then goes into limp mode the maf is brand new from Audi

I assume its an S3 if boost is 0.9bar?

<tuffty/>
Yea it's a s3 on a 2001 just has a remap all seems good boost at 1.2 and stays around 1-1.1 when I get in 3rd gear towards the top of the Rev range I get a misfire sort of feeling and the traction light comes on and stops all boost ? When I stop the emgine and start it again it works fine until I press hard in 3rd

misfire and ESP light staying on is normally a MAF or similar issue... could be a faulty coil pack too... engine is under more load in third at speed so plausible...

What are you using to scan with? VCDS or something else?... ideally needs to be VCDS as not all generic readers will show VAG codes

<tuffty/>

misfire and ESP light staying on is normally a MAF or similar issue... could be a faulty coil pack too... engine is under more load in third at speed so plausible...

What are you using to scan with? VCDS or something else?... ideally needs to be VCDS as not all generic readers will show VAG codes

<tuffty/>
I was using a new snap on one I just replaced the coil pack gen Audi ones this is why it's so confusing