Damn satnav

KG648

Reaction score
Hi,

Been on a few trips this last week, what I do keep noticing is it appears to avoid motorways for as long as possible then goes on to them, but adds around an hour or so onto a journey which is not ideal.

I ended up using google maps on my phone today as it's getting silly.

Any ideas if it's possible to change the preferences? I think I have the MMI 3g car is 2011.

Any help would be fantastic.

Thank you.

If you go into route

Then go into route criteria

You can then select to include or avoid things such as motorways

Just like the Tom Tom really, you may have on shortest route!

Happy navigating

Reactions: KG648
Thank you - I had looked all over and have been completely blind.

I was expecting it to be in one of the settings menus in the top corners, do these options set as standard after changing the preferences once?

Thanks.

Yes - I sometimes have a play depending on the journey as my daughter hates motorways, but sometimes as you say it can add literally hours so I always have the alternatives option on! :earthamericas:

Yes - I sometimes have a play depending on the journey as my daughter hates motorways, but sometimes as you say it can add literally hours so I always have the alternatives option on! :earthamericas:

It was set to "shortest" instead of "fastest" - also alternative routes was disabled enabled shortest and alternative routes - just did a test this morning, that's more like it :)

Thank you so much.

Mines the same, have you tried using the "alternative route" function?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk