'Extra wipe' resets itself

mfspen

Reaction score
Anyone else had this :-

On both my current car, and my previous A3, the feature where the wipers give one 'extra wipe' after using the washers (after a 5 second delay), has mysteriously reset itself. That is, I get the few continuous wipes, but the single delayed wipe has stopped.

The last time, the dealer said this feature was disabled, and re-enabled it for me. Now, my new car has done exactly the same. Happened at about 500 miles in both cases.

Mine has done the same thing just have forgotten to mention it to the dealer.

Mine has never had it, although I thought it should have, but not been bothered to ask why yet as I am trying to avoid making monthly visits to the dealer.

Mine's still doing it after nearly three years, although be aware that it won't do the extra wipe if you aren't moving.

Some of the little nuances they program into the cars boggle the mind. One I noticed only recently is that, if the exterior temperature is very low and you wash/wipe the screen, the ventilation system will direct warm air at the screen for a short while, presumably to make sure it doesn't ice up!

RobB said:
Mine has never had it, although I thought it should have, but not been bothered to ask why yet as I am trying to avoid making monthly visits to the dealer.

Spot on. In fact while mine was in not having the squeaky brakes fixed I asked about having the alarm beeps put on. They phoned me later and told me there would be a £30 labour charge. Err, no thanks...