Alarm & Self Raising Windows

Dave_Bayern

Slipping at 3.5Krpm
Reaction score
No, I havent invented some kind of yeast based window system...

I have a 97 A3 1.8T with leather and all the posh bits inside but I dont have the seperate button on my key to raise the windows once outside the car.

I do have a Viper 480XV Alarm which supports total closure, and when I had a clifford on my Mk3 Golf it automatically raised the windows when the alarm was set.

However, this does not happen with the Audi. Do I need a seperate module for the alarm? Surely this is isnt the case, since when have VW produced a higher trim level in a 93 car than Audi in 97?

Do other peoples windows in pre facelift cars raise from the outside or in conjunction with their alarms?

Not sure if this works for your car but on my 2004 Audi the windows will rise automatically if you keep the lock/alarm button preseed for a few seconds.

Are you holding the lock button down? There isn't a seperate button. You have to hold down the lock or unlock button on the key fob to make the windows close/open.

If it doesn't work, you will need it coded using vagcom.

hope this helps

If you only have the 2 button key fob you need to hold down the Lock button and it closses the windows. Its a bit of a pain though. Thats how mine is done but there could be another way?

Thanks guy's, I'll go check and see if it does that.

If so, I just need to press and hold the alarms lock button for a few seconds extra to close the windows then.

Dave_Bayern said:
Thanks guy's, I'll go check and see if it does that.

If so, I just need to press and hold the alarms lock button for a few seconds extra to close the windows then.

Hopefully should do it, not always though. On my Corrado you just hold down the button and once stuff starts closing you can walk away. On the S3 you have to hold down the botton until it's all finished, let go and they stop. And used to have a Passat which if you held down the button the alarm went off, served me right for having it in the first place I guess.

Found out the one touch windows thing can be switched on with VAG-COM, and I have VAG-COM so all is well. the Alarm wont do it however without wiring in the alarm. Dont know why the installers didnt do it in the first place.

As you say, you can add this feature using vagcom.

You can buy a add on kit from awesome for not much money that will connect to vag alarms to enable automatic closing on locking the car.

Yeah as above hold down the lock button until the window has fully closed or you can put your key into the lock and turn it left and it should pull the windows up that way too!

Jason