Adblue

Andykb675

A6 Avant Black Edition S-Tronic
Reaction score
So just had the 1500 warning message for a refill. If I understand it correctly this has something to do with the CAT and keeping emissions down... Right ?

Anyhow I'm assuming this is a dealer only changeable fluid whilst still under Audi used warranty ? If so is it expensive?

Do you options out of warranty ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok good to know I've just seen a place not far from home advertising it so I was going to enquire.... And are we sure it doesn't affect users warranty ?

Ooh sorry is there any black magic in the settings if I do it myself or does it just reset after a top up ?

My local Audi dealer refilled mine for £27

Reactions: Andykb675
You can buy AdBlue from most service stations and refill it yourself. it is all the same stuff and is supposed to be user replaceable. It will not effect your warranty as long as you use AdBlue that is ISO 22241-1 compliant, not mixed it with any additives or diluted it with water.

Your user manual will tell you how to refill your AdBlue, it's pretty straightforward stuff.

Easy to add the filler is next to the fuel filler (use the wheel brace or a 17mm socket to undo it. No need to reset anything the car knows it has been refilled. Adblue is easy to but from some forecourts or from Eurocarparts and tends to come in 10l containers. From my experience 10l seems to give you about 5k miles worth of use. I believe the tank is 17l and you can probably get about 14l in if you refill soon after the warning appears, however Adblue is not good for the paintwork so you need to avoid spilling it. Some filling stations have Adblue pumps but the flow rate tends to be designed for lorries and coaches not cars. I am going to try refilling a 10l container that way though next time I need some as it is much cheaper.