nox emmission update on tdi

vw754

vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
Last edited:
I have not followed the issue in detail but have kept abreast of events. I have seen a few reports from people who have had the 'fix' reporting that performance is affected, and that is what I'd expect. Lets face it performance and emissions/economy are in opposition so one improves at the detriment of the other.

Reactions: Gazwould
Do a search on this forum, there are plenty of big threads with all the info you need.

I got it done on a 2.0 TDI 177 and there have been no changes to performance or economy.

Mines went in today to get it done. When I was booking it online It says it's would only take about 30/40 minutes to do the update. So I clicked to just to wait on it. Only to be when I took it in that there are 3 updates and it will take 2 hours and that they couldn't supply me a courtesy car. Raging wasn't the word, considering the garage was half and hour from my house.

Rant over but I haven't noticed any difference in performance or economy.

Is your car serviced by a dealer? The other updates were probably not related to the emissions software and just haven't been completed before.

The cars only had one service and it was by the dealer

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…