nox emmission update on tdi

vw754

vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
Last edited:
I have not followed the issue in detail but have kept abreast of events. I have seen a few reports from people who have had the 'fix' reporting that performance is affected, and that is what I'd expect. Lets face it performance and emissions/economy are in opposition so one improves at the detriment of the other.

Reactions: Gazwould
Do a search on this forum, there are plenty of big threads with all the info you need.

I got it done on a 2.0 TDI 177 and there have been no changes to performance or economy.

Mines went in today to get it done. When I was booking it online It says it's would only take about 30/40 minutes to do the update. So I clicked to just to wait on it. Only to be when I took it in that there are 3 updates and it will take 2 hours and that they couldn't supply me a courtesy car. Raging wasn't the word, considering the garage was half and hour from my house.

Rant over but I haven't noticed any difference in performance or economy.

Is your car serviced by a dealer? The other updates were probably not related to the emissions software and just haven't been completed before.

The cars only had one service and it was by the dealer