I just installed new speakers, worked fine, then nothing....

rcarlile

Reaction score
I just finished installing new speakers in my 2013 a3. I replaced the two front and the two back and ran those to a new amp in the rear. I have it connected to a pioneer 4200nex headunit. It was all working flawlessly but when i was finishing up putting the headunit back in mycar battery died from having the lights on too long. I recharged the battery and when I turned on my car I got stabilization program fault warning and my tire pressure light came on and wont reset. to top it all off i lost power to my amp. my pioneer headunit also displayed amp error. I checked the fuses behind the radio and on my wire harness adapter(C2R audi adapter) and they were all fine. I am scared that I really messed something up. Please let me know if you have any idea what has happened? :(

2013? I think you're in the wrong part of forum, this is the 8P page. I think you have an 8V? Might be more useful posting there

2013? I think you're in the wrong part of forum, this is the 8P page. I think you have an 8V? Might be more useful posting there
Pretty sure mine is 8p? It's a U.S. 2013 TDI a3 hatchback. I'm not exactly sure what the difference is between 8p and 8v though. I google imaged the two and definitely looks like the 8p

Oh that will be why, this is predominantly a UK site, and the 8p stopped at 2012 here then the 8V came in for 2013

check your earth is fine for the amp, try taking the positive cable off the battery from the amp to see if the car is fine then, if so then your ground is bad or your amps fuse is popped.