Head unit leads and adapters

Rackers

Reaction score
Hi all.

I have been reading through some posts and I am all the more confused.

I am planning to install an Android head unit. I have a non BOSE setup but the rear speakers are AMPd.

What leads do I need to ensure the radio, Steering controls and speakers, etc all work with the new stereo?

Car is an A4 Early 2006.

Thanks

unfortunately its not easy to get it to all work, the pre-out signal voltage that goes to the amped speakers from a factory head unit is not the same as aftermarket head unit. the converter leads will get all the plugs physically connecting to each other but they dont correct this signal difference, the result will be very quiet rear speakers.
there is a way around it, use hi-low filters. these use the speaker wires from the headunit instead of the pre-out PCA plugs, they convert the signal to a signal that suits the amplified speakers.

in have done this and got it all working eventually and the sound is worth the effort, if anyone knows a simpler way i would be interested.

Hi Chris,

Do you know which leads, etc. you used to get it all going in the end?

Thanks

i dont honestly know about the chinese androids specifically., i think they are supposed to be specific direct replacements for factory, i.e, no nead for double din fascia and i think even the wiring is plug and play, if its not it will be iso like most aftermarket headunits, might be worth getiing the unit first then seeing what you need.

good luck, give us a shout if you get stuck half way.

Hi,

Purchased the following; http://caraudiosecurity.com/ctkau02-audi-a4-2002-2006-complete-double-din-facia-kit

I'm trying to install a Pumpkin Android Headunit (Chinese), it's a very good unit and worked fine in my previous car (not CANBUS).

I got everything plugged in and it all looked to be working fine but after 2-3 minutes the unit always switches itself off. I have noticed the Canbus adapter always gets very hot as well just before the unit switches off.

Could I have connected something incorrectly for this behaviour to occur?

Thanks

Apologies for double posting. I seemed to have resolved the unit rebooting itself issue. What I am struggling with is getting the steering wheel controls to work.

Will I need to use the Key1, Key2 & GND wires or does the Audi not work like that due to being Canbus?

Thanks