aftermarket head unit

christopher duncan

Reaction score
Hi, first thanks for the add.

my issue- i have a 2007 a4 B7 cabriolet, im in the process of changing the headunit from the stock concert 2+.
i have purchased an alpine cde-w235bt and an installation kit connects 2 CTKAU04, other than i cant work out how the facia is designed to secure into the dashboard, i have a more frustrating problem with the sound, im only getting sound from the dashboard speakers, the door speakers have no sound. i know there is a lot of info on the internet about amplified rear speakers not being as loud after headunit change due to pre-out voltage differences, but this isnt low volume im getting no sound, any advice?

Hi, no its not bose, but its not just rear amplified either, or at least im saying it isn't as 1) all door speakers have stopped working since changing headunit 2) on the quadlock ther are 5 pins active in the pre out section ogf the socket.

update..... just switched off internal amp on head unit so dashboard speakers now silent, when you now turn the volume up the back are now working, they must be so quiet you cant here them over the dashboard ones, i have tried disconnecting the blue wire from the headunit and this cuts the sound from the back speakers, so ~(i think) this confirms the amps for the door speakers are receiving switched power, that all door speakers are amplified, my problem seems to be limited to huge volume difference between head unit amplified dash speakers and line out feed to independent amplified door speakers!

is there anything that will equalise the line out volume to the door speakers?