PO PO Police

No they don't, that's a very old urban myth.
They do have modified breaks and slight ecu modifications. But nothing that gives a great difference at least that what happens with bmw and Volvo. Bmw also come with extra wiring looms and inverters from the factory where as most other manufactures don't and they have to be converted by a third party. Bmw also sell them heavily discounted. Did a 4wd fleet evaluation last year and bmw could supply x3's for £15000 each converted and liveried so very cheap!

Reactions: zippster
They do have modified breaks and slight ecu modifications. But nothing that gives a great difference at least that what happens with bmw and Volvo. Bmw also come with extra wiring looms and inverters from the factory where as most other manufactures don't and they have to be converted by a third party. Bmw also sell them heavily discounted. Did a 4wd fleet evaluation last year and bmw could supply x3's for £15000 each converted and liveried so very cheap!
I promise you they don't mate - all due respect. Yes they have enhanced electrics and some have "extra load" suspension and brakes (and wheels!) but no performance enhancements. This myth dates back to when Police had those old Daimler convertibles as pursuit cars. Now THEY were heavily-tuned! That must have been a right laugh hooning round in them!

I promise you they don't mate - all due respect. Yes they have enhanced electrics and some have "extra load" suspension and brakes (and wheels!) but no performance enhancements. This myth dates back to when Police had those old Daimler convertibles as pursuit cars. Now THEY were heavily-tuned! That must have been a right laugh hooning round in them!
I wasn't meaning a increase in speed performance. Just as you state wheels suspension. I am involved with the design and build of emergency vehicles and work on them on a daily basis. Volvo on the police spec v70 do put a upgraded inter cooler on it. It all down to the vehicles being used to max performance a lot more than a member of the public vehicle

Reactions: batch