Freshly painted bumpers

Adamh84

Reaction score
Hi all , this is my first post!
I have bought myself an Audi A3 8p2 s line

The car needed a few bits doing one of which was painting the bumpers. I've just got the car back today and the bumpers look more grey than black . When you are upclose you can see what looks like orange peel and possibly hazing. Looking at the pics below is this something that I can hopefully buff out with a rotary and meguirs uc? Or has it just been painted the wrong colour? It's ebony black pearl which is what he used but it looks grey not black?? Any ideas?

Hi all , this is my first post!
I have bought myself an Audi A3 8p2 s line

The car needed a few bits doing one of which was painting the bumpers. I've just got the car back today and the bumpers look more grey than black . When you are upclose you can see what looks like orange peel and possibly hazing. Looking at the pics below is this something that I can hopefully buff out with a rotary and meguirs uc? Or has it just been painted the wrong colour? It's ebony black pearl which is what he used but it looks grey not black?? Any ideas? View attachment 95662
View attachment 95663 View attachment 95664

Its hard to tell from pics as light can play tricks. But based on what I can see the bumpers look bluer than the original paint work.?

If this is the case in the flesh. I would be inclined to take it back to the workshop and have a friendly chat. You should not need to polish fresh sprayed bumpers nor would u expect to see orange peel or any other irregularities. It should be a perfect match/ finish.

Jungle

Its unlikely any polishing of the paint will either remove a haze (which could be caused by damp when it was sprayed) or change the colour. Take it back is probably my best suggestion. As if you start messing then the bodyshop is unlikely to want to talk.

Thanks for the replies, I have got to go back and fix a light for him so i will bring it up :eek:
And yeah it does look more blue not grey, I have used the guy a couple of times before on my van and that always looks perfect! But that is just plain black... :(

I'm curious, I've never seen ebony black on an A3 and just googled it and it only showed A4, A6, A8. Ebony black is black and grey which would explain why it looks grey, maybe his mix is more on the grey side or the prep is wrong, primer colour difference etc.
You can buff out the orange peel most likely but it isn't going to change the colour unfortunately.