Haggle audi dealer price?

jbw

Reaction score
Website
www.anotheragenda.com
I've never bought a second hand car from a dealer before so would like to know is there any point in turning up expecting to haggle or will an Audi dealership laugh in my face and send me packing?

cheers,
jbw

I would always try and haggle, you might only get a few hunderd off, but it's better in your pocket than theirs!! :box:

Definitely! They expect it.

Depending on the start price of the car, I would try for a grand off. I wouldn't be happy with anything less than £500 off the price.

If you are part-exchanging something as part of the price, it's a but more complicated because they weave the p-ex into the final price and you don't really know what is discount and what is p-ex.

Cheers guys. Part-ex has come into the equation - they've taken my current a3 plate and are no doubt trying to work out what's best for their pocket.
Does the part-ex offer me any extra ground for haggling?

ta,
jbw

:mad: I got absolutly nowhere haggling when I bought my car from the dealer.

Hi mate, a couple of months ago i must have been to about 10 dealerships and listened to the same sort of story from the salesman.

I was going to part ex my car in and the best figure i got was £1000 off which comprised of them knocking off lets say £200 of the price of their car and then offering me the price i wanted. Basically they give you a **** p/x value on your car and then say that if your car is worth £8000 to them but you want £9000 they will give you the £9000 but knock nothing of the price of their car...

Generally Audi dealerships we willing to knock off £1000 either off their car or as an over allowance on what they pay you for yours...

The only way i managed to swindle the extra couple of hundred out of them was to say you have veiwed a similar car at another dealership and they offered you £500 more and still knocked a good amount off their vehicle.

Just find every angle u can to grind down at to get the best price you can...

Hope that helps

Dave

Like everyone has said they will either give you a good price for the PX and nothing off the new car or knock money off the new car and giv you a crap price for the PX. Try some haggling, then get them to throw in extras like a cd changer, mud flaps, TT pedals etc.

Has anybody ever got anywhere asking for extras to be put on a used car? I thought that trick only worked with new cars. :think:

If you're daring, you could always try calling their bluff and act like you're going to walk away. If they want to shift it you could get a bargain, but if not you could lose out on the deal altogether. :sorry:

It really depends on the car and how many others are out there, and how long they've had it on sale. If they think they can sell it for full whack, they'll not negotiate and wait for the nexy buyer to walk through the door.

Audi still haven't gotten back to me - it's been a good 72hrs since I gave them my reg plate. Perhaps the salesman is ill or is this all part of the game?

I've scoured the country for A3's and S3's so have a reasonable idea of their value which should help me out when haggling. I'm thinking I try for the grand off the car and flog mine privately?
The car's got all the extras I want - are TT pedals anything other than the stainless steel/chrome look. Do they actually improve the ride?