how to play music via bluetooth on B8.5

Not much info about on it unfortunately and for that money I'd want to see it working before buying!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

I bought this one:

Hello Sonny.
I have installed the same device that you got there on my 2014 A4 Allroad concert non MMI and I wonder if you possibly can help out with the VCDS coding? I cannot figure it out...

Cheers, Matte Sweden

So, since I’m now less clear than before, is there a 2/3G option for the facelift B8.5s as well as the Concert or 3G+MMI? My brother recently bought a 2012 B8.5 S4 and can’t get Bluetooth music to stream, which makes me think he doesn’t have the 3G+ MMI, but he has MMI for sure with controls behind the gear selector and colour screen etc, but no SIM slot between the SD card slots. Is Bluetooth music an option that just needs activated, or is he going to have to go the dongle route with the glovebox AMI cables?

So, since I’m now less clear than before, is there a 2/3G option for the facelift B8.5s as well as the Concert or 3G+MMI? My brother recently bought a 2012 B8.5 S4 and can’t get Bluetooth music to stream, which makes me think he doesn’t have the 3G+ MMI, but he has MMI for sure with controls behind the gear selector and colour screen etc, but no SIM slot between the SD card slots. Is Bluetooth music an option that just needs activated, or is he going to have to go the dongle route with the glovebox AMI cables?
Does he has Chrome buttons and a joystick?

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

Does he has Chrome buttons and a joystick?

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

I’m not in/at the car, so not 100% on the buttons, but no joystick on the rotary control. I though the joystick was 3G ‘High’ from the pre-facelift though?

Sorry to jump on this, I have a 2008 s line it has 2g+ I think. Would it have hands free as standard? It has name and tel button behind the gear stick.

However here's the odd bit it has an aftermarket dension BT kit in the glove box. It has a iPod connection the old long one. And USB.

This allows me to stream music and use hands free through it but I have to access the music using cd changer disc 12.
However the quality is crap probably because it's the same age as car.

I'm looking to replace this with a similar system not bothered about the plugs in the box I'm just looking for Bluetooth music streaming and hands free
Any info would be great.

I’m not in/at the car, so not 100% on the buttons, but no joystick on the rotary control. I though the joystick was 3G ‘High’ from the pre-facelift though?
Then its 3G basic (also a system in the facelift). Joystick in facelift models is 3G Plus.

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

He can add AMI (unplugging the green aux cable from the back of the quad lock and plugging the AMI in) and connect a bluetooth adapter like the ViseeO Tune2Air WMA3000A...
If he looks around should be about 150 in total...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

He can add AMI (unplugging the green aux cable from the back of the quad lock and plugging the AMI in) and connect a bluetooth adapter like the ViseeO Tune2Air WMA3000A...
If he looks around should be about 150 in total...

There's already an AMI cable in the glovebox, he just needs the 'dongle' to plug in. Will those devices support control through the steering wheel etc?

There's already an AMI cable in the glovebox, he just needs the 'dongle' to plug in. Will those devices support control through the steering wheel etc?
only with iPhones if I remember correctly...

What about something like an RSNAV? https://rsnav.com/collections/all I am looking at the 7inch version at the moment for my 2011 S4 Avant with concert radio. currently, there are only the 7inch and reservations for the 10inch in RHD. I really want the 8.8 but seems to be LHD only. Plenty of threads on some other Audi forums with info on them.