Air con question

Matt268uk

A3 Sportback
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi All

Can anybody tell me if there's a way to check my a/c with vcds ? When i turn my a/c on i don't really get that slight drop in revs as it engages and also i wouldn't say it's hugely colder when driving. so wondering if i could check pressure of system etc with vcds ? I also have a slight noise that i can hear inside the car when idling, sounds kind of like a slight metallic noise, i've been told by my local audi indy that it could be a bearing on the compressor. My problem is i don't want to shell out for a new compressor etc only to find the result is the same as it is now.

I have tried shifting gears when the car is ticking over - no difference, tried moving the wheel from side to side - no difference and also turning on/off the a/c button but the noise is constant, at a bit of a loss as to where else to check.

Thankyou.

You won't get a drop in revs as the can-bus compensates for the load. My a/c's on the blink at the mo, load of rubbish. Had it all checked and re-gassed last year, too!

mine wasn't working when i bought the car but the dealer got it up and running , just needed a new pressure switch.