A3 140 tdi dsg. Shaking from the front, buckled wheel? Driveshaft?

pistol pete

Reaction score
As above really
If i accelerate from 20 to 60 ish whole front car feels like it shakes from side to side, still pulls exactly as it should,
I notice its worse if accelerating and turning right, i also occasionlly get a click from the left side..

Above 60 feels like wheels are unbalance a bit but not too bad

Its had new shocks and springs top mounts and uprated TTlower arm bushes, also polybush rear engine mount. But that was all a few months back. And new flywheel about year ago
I will say its running 19inch wheels

Now am i more likely looking at buckled wheel(s) or knackered drive shaft? Any other sugestions
Any way of checking the shafts? I am getting the wheels balanced tomorrow to see if they are buckled, would this cause it? There a bridge on main road near me where it changes surface must have caught it wrong as felt like hitting a small kerb at 60..

There is no knocking banging or horrible noises and still handles really well
Thanks

Few things starting to need doing now, turbo over boosting , exhaust broke yesterday, now this

1. tyre out of shape/tyre pressure incorrect/wheel balancing
2. bent/buckle wheel
3. hub/wheel bearing
4. bushes and drive shafts

That's the order I'd go, don't forget if the suspension alignment is bad that'll make it worse too.

Reactions: pistol pete
Done tyre and wheel all okay..so its tnit them..

Feels very much like my focus st did when driveshaft went in thag

Missus is picking up a new drive shaft now. Ill fit it tomorrow hopefully thatll sorts it