crail

derickcos

Reaction score
:applaus: took motor up to crail today,well pleased ran 15.1 sec, good for the standard car.tried hard to get into 14,s but could not better above time.makes me wonder how fast a remap etc, would be. anbody got times for1/4 mile would like see out of intrest.

I managed 14.6 1/4 miles at GTI inters earlier this year with a stage1 remap and running heavy 19" wheels, time includes hitting the rev limiter in 1st! I reckon it would almost be possible to break the 14secs barrier running a remap and light wheels, but some may argue it's impossible. :racer:

good, very respectable time. what does the limiter come in at,did not seem to notice this yesterday, wont run the car again till uprated.the remap,are there any downsides to doing this 'D'

derickcos said:
good, very respectable time. what does the limiter come in at,did not seem to notice this yesterday, wont run the car again till uprated.the remap,are there any downsides to doing this 'D'

Limiter comes in at around 7.2k I think, or just as the rev needle goes into the red bit and you can feel the engine starting to hold back.
Obviously an increased amont of strain would be put onto your engine components running higher power, but you soon get use to the power and drive as normal, only using it when needed, I also notice an improvement in fuel consumption with my remap with normal driving.

Ive also run a 14.6 but my clutch was slipping so i think its defo possible to crack low 14's and maybe even sneak high 13's!!

Depends if you launch it and toast your clutch!! lol

Crail is a lot of fun, but I'm not 100% convinced by the timing gear or track length. I ran a 15.3 there earlier this year, but a 14.5 at inters with the same remap. I'm not saying inters is right, but there's a bit of inconsistancy.

I think the best way to take Crail is to see if you beat your mates on the same day.

RIGHT, I DID NOTICE THE LIMITER LIKE A SLIGHT FLAT SPOT.THESE AUDI,S EVEN A REFINED RED LINE. STRAIGHT LINE I THINK IS ONLY ONE SMALL AREA OF PERFORMANCE THE S3 REALY SHINES ON THE OPEN ROAD,LOVEING THIS BABY MORE EACH DAY.REMAP IS THIS DONE BY REPLACEING THE EPROM CHIP PROBABLY NOT BUT THATS HOW IT WAS DONE IN THE COSWORTH. ANY INFO WELCOME CHEER,S 'D'

i got a 15.2 out of my 1.8t 2wd witha re-map and 6.4 to 60 at inters this year. I was well happy with it as it was my first 1/4 mile.