SLine TDI "ultra"??

Orangecolouredsky

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm new here about to take the plunge and get my first Audi! I currently have an Alfa Giulietta 1.4 petrol which has been fun but the interior is falling apart in typical Alfa fashion!

So it's a company car, and I'm getting the A4 S Line 190 TDI Saloon in either Scuba blue or Matador red (still undecided) auto, with alcantara/leather, privacy glass, phone box, electric mirrors, heated seats, B&O, and larger fuel tank.

But on the website and latest brochure you can have the 190 TDI SLine as an ultra model. All stats are the same but it's 1% lower on the BIK rate. But my lease company is telling me it doesn't exist. Does anyone have any ideas? If obviously rather save a couple of hundred quid in tax if I can!

Also please let me know if you think I've missed any key options, I have spent so long figuring how best to spend the budget!!

Yeah the 190 TDi Sline does exist! You can't spec it with the bigger alloys though just in case that was an option you were considering. There isn't really anything in it between the normal 190 and the Ultra. I would suspect that the Ultra has lower gearing.

I'm sure the ultra is only 150ps

I think they may be wrong looking at the brochure haha! It's only 2 points less on the co2 but makes a difference on the company car :) don't want to be paying Mr Osborne any more than I need to ;) cheers for your help

Page 32 of the a4 brochure lists both 150 and 190 ultra models

I think the only reason you can't have the ultra with an S-Line is due to the size of the wheels and tyres.

Reactions: iambu
Blimey, what's the point in having the regular 190 ps 2.0 tdi if this new ultra is near enough identical and emits less crap into the air?

Reactions: James_TDi
Simple. If you want low co2 emissions then you can't have big wheels and wide tyres.

you can't have the ultra with an S-Line is due to the size of the wheels and tyres.
You can have the 190 Ultra engine on the A6 with 20" wheels, can't see why it'd be different on the A4.

The Audi site shows the 2.0 TDi 190 Ultra as available for the A4 S Line anyway.

The top speed of the 190 Ultra is only 130 opposed to the normal 190's 149mph top speed. Not that the majority of us will be doing those speeds!

Reactions: scotty76