Nearly time to collect

Colh

Reaction score
well according to the tracker, my car has arrived at Coventry Audi, so I should be collecting in the next week.

Getting an A4 Avant 2.0 TDI 190 Sport Ultra in Ibis white. Only options were the fuel and adblue tanks, so standard spec. I only ordered a couple of weeks ago, and the car was sitting in port in Germany.

Is there anything I should be looking out for when I pick up?

Reactions: Sandra
I'm picking up mine today. I asked the dealer not to prep or wash the car and to stick the number plates on and not drill them on.

I don't want them scratching the paintwork which a lot of dealerships do when prepping the cars.

Luckily your getting Ibis white so that doesn't show scratches etc much.

Have a good look over the car when the salesman is not there so your not being pressured.

It's getting supergard applied inside and out so I'm expecting it in top condition when I get it. I got supergard on a golf back in 2008 and it seemed good so hopefully not suckered here :)

The deal seemed good. Got it for £299. Regular price £560 apparently?

I'm picking up mine today. I asked the dealer not to prep or wash the car and to stick the number plates on and not drill them on.

I don't want them scratching the paintwork which a lot of dealerships do when prepping the cars.

Luckily your getting Ibis white so that doesn't show scratches etc much.

Have a good look over the car when the salesman is not there so your not being pressured.
So today's the day at long last Ewan. Can't wait to see it. Enjoy. :) x

They lowered their offer to me for £200 then FREE and I still said no! There's no way I want scratch marks in mine and it does happen ALOT in this process when they don't prep properly!

@Sandra Yeah I can't wait! Can't wait to see it in the Presentation room, all covered in delivery dirt and plastic! Lol

I will post pics up!

Reactions: Sandra
@Sandra Yeah I can't wait! Can't wait to see it in the Presentation room, all covered in delivery dirt and plastic! Lol

I will post pics up!
How many months has this been Ewan, I lost count. I so looking forward to the pics. Will watch out for your new thread. Enjoy the unveiling and the rest of the experience. x

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
:sign pics: come on it's almost 10am!!

Reactions: ScottishA4B9, James_TDi, iambu and 1 other person
I'm due to pic my a4avant 2.0 petrol s-line up from Coventry Audi any day now. I wonder if our cars came in on the same shipment/lorry etc. It arrived in the UK on Monday. I'm really nervous of them inflicting swirls. I've mentioned it twice now stating obvious causes of them... I was also offered Supagard for £299 but told I could only have it inside and out, I said I definitely don't want it on the inside. Very unsure what to go with!! Does anyone have experience of their prepping ability?

I don't have experience of Coventry Audi, but Exeter Audi inflicted very very little damage / swirls to my new A4, in Daytona Grey. I specifically looked for any on the day of collection and couldn't see any. The only possible damage was a light scratch to the gloss black driver's side B-pillar trim, but I noticed that after about a week of ownership, so I may have done that whilst washing it (despite trying not to!). Would machine polish out if it continues to bother me. Everything I have read over the years states that Supaguard is a rip off. Much better and more durable protection can be bought and either applied easily yourself, or for similar prices get a professional detailer (not simply a valeter) to apply a protection product. Avoid what the dealers offer (exterior and interior) as it is often very cheap quality product and is applied by their work experience lad.

Reactions: scotty76
Agreed on the Supagard. I was looking on cleanyourcar.co.uk last night and there are some good products on there. I have always done this sort of thing myself. I think I'm going to take the risk with Coventry Audi. If I were to pick it up dirty and there were a scratch, I wouldn't be able to see it and therefore would be left to sort it myself. Fairly sure I can correct what should be very slight swirls if anything.

Reactions: iambu
Soun
Agreed on the Supagard. I was looking on cleanyourcar.co.uk last night and there are some good products on there. I have always done this sort of thing myself. I think I'm going to take the risk with Coventry Audi. If I were to pick it up dirty and there were a scratch, I wouldn't be able to see it and therefore would be left to sort it myself. Fairly sure I can correct what should be very slight swirls if anything.

Sounds like a plan to me! Enjoy the collection day. I agree, better to collect a nice clean car, I feel that a dirty one with delivery film still on it would not be as magical as a brand new clean car! I allowed mine to be cleaned by the dealer and I do not regret it.

I picked mine up covered in delivery dirt and detailed it myself then applied Carpro Cquartz which is much better than Supagard.

Reactions: iambu
Picking up next Wed so I'll see soon enough!

All on track for picking up on Wednesday but my trade in is now becoming an issue.

From an initial over the phone valuation of £8000 for a 2010 VW Golf GTD, its dropped to £7600! Told them its not enough but might sell privately now. Was trying to avoid the hassle.

Dealerships have a habit of doing that, I make sure that the offer they give me for my vehicle is the one it'll be on the day of handover...

Downside of doing it all over the phone I suppose plus the age of my trade in.

Private sale looks like it will be worth more, and wewantanycar already beats their estimate by £400 even if they knock theirs down a bit for stone chips.

Unless any of you want a GTD runaround ;)