Alarm Woes

Gonzokew

Reaction score
hi everyone, my car alarm seems to be going off at random times.

Already have a new siren before you ask, about 2 months ago. I have checked boot switch by linking the wires in the plug on off and the boot open signal is ok. Left it disconnected and still alarmed. Have a new micro switch coming tomorrow as this is a common fault but my boot lining is dry so probably not needed.

Door mechanisms sprayed with pene oil.

The ultrasonic sensors were tuned off via the button and alarm still went off.

Checked the bonnet switch however cannot get it to say that the bonnet is open at all.... However this has never worked since I've had the car.

Just waiting to see if it goes off again... Anything that I've missed without plugging in to vagcom?? I don't have access to it.

Thanks in advance

grab a cheap cable from flebay and download vcsd lite, will show you all the codes, the lite does not give you every thing but works well with a £6 cable.

Update: the alarm is still causing issues however only going off when it rains

Vag com showed the interior monitoring sensors however they are now disconnected and it's still a problem. Vacuum pump is in my boot high and dry so it's not that. Anywhere down the scuttle area that could possibly be getting wet???

Every time it rains the alarm goes off and no other time so has to be water ingress somewhere

Finally got vcds lite yesterday and did a bit more investigation on the alarm. It's been going on randomly now not only in the wet. Removed carpet on n/s and all cables / connections were dry.

Scan showed the following result yesterday, cleared and same again today as alarm went off again.

So... Pressing the disable button hasn't worked on the door, disconnecting the sensor hasn't worked, is the circuit board on the pump that does this? Or is there a way to permanently disconnect the sensors

Isn't there another sensor centre of the dash? Have you looked at that one.

Tried cleaning the contacts with iso alcohol/ contact cleaner?

Yeah I've used some proper electrical contact cleaner. If it goes back to the pump circuit board it may make more sense as there's some corrosion on this in places

Another code in the mix...

Siren is disconnected and the hazards were flashing this morning as I moved my car. Started it up and the hazards were still flashing. Connected vcds lite and got this fault code.

This is the first time seeing this fault and no others on interior monitoring this time.

Also it wouldn't respond to central electrics in vcds either, should I be worried about this?

do you have the little button in the drivers door pocket to turn off the interior sensors ?
Could you try disabling the interior sensors for a while each time you set the alarm, and see what happens ?

did you check the sensitivity????

Haven't checked it yet no, didn't think it would matter as I can disable it from the button and it still went off.

do you have the little button in the drivers door pocket to turn off the interior sensors ?
Could you try disabling the interior sensors for a while each time you set the alarm, and see what happens ?

At the minute I've took all the plugs out the pump so now the alarm won't be armed but I don't have any interior lights, Window electrics or anything else.

At least my battery won't drain which brings all sorts of weirdness to the table

i'm thinking you might have to pull the roof lining to check the wiring...

i'm thinking you might have to pull the roof lining to check the wiring...

Problem is I don't want to pull all that apart and it turns out to be something else. This morning it was the drivers door contact... Might try a second hand circuit board that's on the pump first as that controls everything

This is the worst kind of fault

driver's contact... where is the switch that tells the car the door is open or not? maybe somewhere near the hinging mech?