iv purchased some oil now unsure if its correct ?

waller1

VCDS Map User
Reaction score

Attachments

• $_57.JPG
    $_57.JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 107
That's a medium quality PD oil 505.01 , high quality Quantum-Longlife III 507.00 is better .

If you go on euro car parts and enter your reg it will tell you which oil is good.
I wasnt aware the b8 had pd engines in after 2008, for some reason I thought they was CR, learn something new every day.
Mine is a 2010 b8 2.0 TDi CR 170 CAHA and uses 5w30 oil.

Well CR oil if minus a DPF , but it is ok for all other DPF's except VAG's DPF's , lol .

Quantum%20Platinum%205W-40%20data%20sheet_zpsxjpljav5.jpg

VAG are capable of saying the strangest of things...

2 year / 19k LongLife service intervals .

If fixed 10k /1 year use 505.01.

Gearbox oil is some kind of snake oil life fluid and doesn't need changing !

Reactions: xpoweruk
No change there then, in 2001 when I took my June 2000 reg'd VW Passat 2.8V6 4Motion in for its 12 month service, I was told that I had probably done untold damage to the engine by changing the oil at 6 months, "you see the oil structure changes and cleans up the engine internals at about 1200 miles before the oil change is due - as you changed your oil early, this will not have happened" - I seem to remember that my answer included the offer from me to sell them my old oil as it had just been run-in, so like trendy half worn out clothes it would be worth a lot more now, strange to say they declined that offer, I can't see why though! At least they stuck with that idea as two years later I handed in wife's late 2002 Polo 1.4 that was set on variable servicing, same issue, though this time I changed my response and asked them how that would work for a car that only ever ran maybe 3000 miles between services, they took the huff that time, I can't see why though!

Edit:- no one think that it might just be part of the German sense of humour - they do like a good laugh?