2012 S4 just out of warranty; and the issues start!

GC001

Reaction score
Audi have been on the phone, after I took it in to investigate limp mode issues.

Seems I need;
new oil pressure sensor £240
rear shockers are leaking £683.42

Does this not seem a bit premature after 3 1/2 years and 35,000 miles? I'm tempted to ask them to refer it to Audi HQ for goodwill.

I'd just take it on the chin mate. My Cupra had just turned 3yrs old and 2 injectors failed. Cost me £600 to put right as seat weren't interested. Same with Vauxhall and my old Astra vxr, 27k miles 3yrs and 2 months old and the gearbox destroyed itself. £1360 bill after only 4 weeks of ownership.

Tbh the rear shocks leaking are a bit of a surprise. I wouldn't pay over £600 to replace them tho, I'd use the money and just put a good coilover or Shock and Spring set up on.

As for the sensor, I'd imagine you could get it a lot cheaper online somewhere, like euro car parts.

wasn't sure if it was the correct part due to the difference in price.

@GC001 I guess a sensor can give up any time, especially one that is exposed to high temperatures, so you're just unlucky. In my experience dampers are the same, they could last 60K or more but they could go after 20K. They get a lot of 'punishment', especially on harsh roads.

If you are out of warranty then now is the time to go to an independent tech or garage for the work. As others have stated the parts will be cheaper if sourced independently and the labour rate will be lower too. Find yourself a good tech and you'll get a better service too, and by that I mean the work itself, not necessarily the smiles and free coffee

I was out of warranty but I got everything done by Audi whose prices were very reasonable and because I had always had the car serviced by Audi, I got contributions towards the work. Audi UK say that despite a car being out of warranty, if you keep it services with Audi, there there is a good chance to will do contributions!

You won't get that if you get the car serviced or other work done by independents.

You've been lucky then @ScottishA4B9. Round here (Berkshire) the dealers are 3-4 times more expensive than the indies! My last two cars were serviced by indies once out of warranty and it made not £1 of difference to the trade in price. All they were interested in was that the servicing had been done.

Reactions: mister.c.
I got the job sorted.

I telephoned Audi Customer services and explained that I wasn't best pleased.

Factors of low miles, FASH from the supplying dealership and only just out of warranty meant they did the job completely free!

Reactions: well_cool, scotty76 and xpoweruk
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…