19" 9j Bentleys

Steaudi

Reaction score
Hi guys

Right just a quick question, I'm buying some bentleys tomorrow and the tyres what are coming with them are 225/35/19 but look to stretchy for me, what size tyre would you all recommend which doesn't have this look, car isn't lowered or anything it's just on the sline setup, I know it's going to be a harsher ride then the standard 18" which are fitted now, but the wife drives it to do the school run in it and just want to try and get it to be as comfy as I can without her carrying on (I'm already going to get my nuts chopped off when she sees them)

Any help would be great!
Cheers guys!

Anyone? :weary:

There's some gorgeous cars on here, someone must be running 19" 9j?

I was thinking with me just being on standard s line setup, does anyone know if I could run 245/35/19 on these wheels without any issues ie rubbing? Just want to get the tyres ordered soon that's all.

If anyone can help that would be great.

what is the precise specs of the rims chap, 9j is doable but you need to factor the offset whatever it may be for these rims
As you are on standard 25mm drop s-line suspenders that's not going to be such an issue as it would be if you were lower, but , to work it out fully the offset will be required to start with.
rob

Thanks for the reply Rob, they are et41 they are coming with 225/35/19 but they are stretched and I'm not really feeling that look at all, and with my wife doing the school run in it, I fancy a tyre to fit as flush as possible to the wheel if that makes sense?

235 35 19 should be optimal for 9j 19.
if in doubt trandfer inches into metric values. 9 inches x 2,5cm= 22,5cmm ie 225mm width tyre. so the added 10mm will give protection to rim lip and good amount of grip

Thanks for the reply Tom, I defantley want protection for the rim lip as my wife drives it more then me, I was thinking of 235/35/19 but I was also thinking of 245/35/19 or do you think that 245/35/19 would be to much, or do you think I could get away with that size without rubbing issues?

wouldn't say it wouldn't say it'll be to much. its a personal preference really. the rubbing issue is another factor not sure how low you are so its hard to comment on that.
I personally ran 235 all around with fronts being 8.5J rears 9.5J (with a very light stretch)

I'm just normal sline setup mate, I was just thinking if the 245/35/19 would clear everything? Just want to get the tyres ordered but just don't know what size to get

Hello,

I'll also clear things up..

The tyre width recomendations of course depend on the width of the alloy, simply put.

What plays a MASSIVE factor is the tyre manufacturer as some have loads more stretch than others thus not looking 'stretched'

I can tell you, I had 235 width tyres on a 9inch wheel (235/30/20) and the stretch was horrendous. I had Nankang NsII's which are a very hard compound tyre but not budget. So this was expected.

On a 9'' width wheel, the maximum recommended width to run is 265, to which I am currently running. It covers the wheel perfectly and offers the best protection.

So, what you should do is pick a good brand tyre if you want to stretch the tyre a little. But also factor in that wider tyre = better traction but slighlty more fuel cost and decrease performance. But to be honest, this is really not important as we are not 'tracking' our cars.

An example: I know for a fact a Pilot super sport tyre (crazy expensive) has very good stretch and can go over a 9'' with very little stretch.
Others, like my Nangkang's....no chance!

Reactions: Steaudi
Hello,

I'll also clear things up..

The tyre width recomendations of course depend on the width of the alloy, simply put.

What plays a MASSIVE factor is the tyre manufacturer as some have loads more stretch than others thus not looking 'stretched'

I can tell you, I had 235 width tyres on a 9inch wheel (235/30/20) and the stretch was horrendous. I had Nankang NsII's which are a very hard compound tyre but not budget. So this was expected.

On a 9'' width wheel, the maximum recommended width to run is 265, to which I am currently running. It covers the wheel perfectly and offers the best protection.

So, what you should do is pick a good brand tyre if you want to stretch the tyre a little. But also factor in that wider tyre = better traction but slighlty more fuel cost and decrease performance. But to be honest, this is really not important as we are not 'tracking' our cars.

An example: I know for a fact a Pilot super sport tyre (crazy expensive) has very good stretch and can go over a 9'' with very little stretch.
Others, like my Nangkang's....no chance!

Thanks for the info mate, if you was me then what size would you get, I think my heart is saying to order the 245/35/19 falkens but just don't know what to do? Do you have any rubbing issues running your setup mate?
Thanks
Ste

No probelmo.

It just so happens, Ive bought original S5 Peelers 9x19 so I can tell you, im either going to run a 235 width with premium tyre to allow for a little stretch or 245.

Below is the wheels ive got (19's) running a 235 but with premium pilot super sports (again very expensive)
These arent mine, but this is what ive got too.
1-01af70816c0a97e6f8b1db6e1cc325e0b55c585b95.jpg

So, it all boils down to;

1 - If you get premium tyres, it looks like 235's will be fine, albeit with some stretch.
2 - If not, be safe and go for 245's. Bearing in mind OEM is supposed to be 255 on these exact wheels.

On my set up, 265/30/20 on 9inch wide = ZERO rubbing issues as im not lowered.

Edit* You may need spacers to clear the wheels from the brake caliper but can always corss that bridge when you come to it. That way you can establish what MM spacer you'll need.

Hopefully this helps.

Last edited:
No probelmo.

It just so happens, Ive bought original S5 Peelers 9x19 so I can tell you, im either going to run a 235 width with premium tyre to allow for a little stretch or 245.

Below is the wheels ive got (19's) running a 235 but with premium pilot super sports (again very expensive)
These arent mine, but this is what ive got too.
1-01af70816c0a97e6f8b1db6e1cc325e0b55c585b95.jpg

So, it all boils down to;

1 - If you get premium tyres, it looks like 235's will be fine, albeit with some stretch.
2 - If not, be safe and go for 245's. Bearing in mind OEM is supposed to be 255 on these exact wheels.

On my set up, 265/30/20 on 9inch wide = ZERO rubbing issues as im not lowered.

Edit* You may need spacers to clear the wheels from the brake caliper but can always corss that bridge when you come to it. That way you can establish what MM spacer you'll need.

Hopefully this helps.

Thank you so much mate that is great, just one last thing and I promise I will leave you alone :grimacing: are you lowered? And what is the ride like is it really harsh?
Thanks mate

Thank you so much mate that is great, just one last thing and I promise I will leave you alone :grimacing: are you lowered? And what is the ride like is it really harsh?
Thanks mate

You're welcome. Haha no dont worry about. Happy to pass knowledge that I know of! :)

Im NOT lowered one bit but being on 20's it does look like im a tad lowered.

To describe it, the wheels do feel BIG at times. Mostly brought on by the fact they weigh more. Also means accelaration is effected. In my case..by quite a bit.

The ride quality is AWFUL when on sh*t roads and LOVELY on good roads. Thats the best i can do to describe it as the road itself is the cause of the ride qaulity not the wheel and tyre.

As a result (and because i want to lower my car) im putting on 19's in winter and getting coilovers to get that perfect sitting height im after.
My wheel and tyres will likely be exaclty the same as the pic above.