Is it worth getting a a4 b5?

Audib5fan

4 rings <3
Reaction score
Since they are pretty cheap these days can pick one up for like 1k or are they to much hassle? Are they reliable ? Thanks in advance

Since they are pretty cheap these days can pick one up for like 1k or are they to much hassle? Are they reliable ? Thanks in advance

They're as reliable as any other Audi from the same era... Which is pretty ****** reliable! Depends what you want to use it for I suppose?

My daily (TDI PD115) has just ticked over quarter of a million miles and has never been better... Drives well, goes well, starts on the button, take a bit of abuse every now and again and still returns 55mpg!

I think the best buys all round would either be a PD TDI or 1.8t... V6 is nice but just drink too much and a 1.8t can be easily tuned to more than a v6 anyway and still return decent mpg's

They're as reliable as any other Audi from the same era... Which is pretty ****** reliable! Depends what you want to use it for I suppose?

My daily (TDI PD115) has just ticked over quarter of a million miles and has never been better... Drives well, goes well, starts on the button, take a bit of abuse every now and again and still returns 55mpg!

I think the best buys all round would either be a PD TDI or 1.8t... V6 is nice but just drink too much and a 1.8t can be easily tuned to more than a v6 anyway and still return decent mpg's
Thanks for the reply matey I just always liked the b5 so I been thinking about getting one see what they are like, I would probs use it few times a week and if I did get one it would most likely be 1.8t.

I would say they are very reliable. I have owned mine for almost 8 years. Purchased it on 78k and now on 180k and it's been thrown round race tracks. Still going strong and squeaks and rattles less than my mates 18month old Vauxhall Astra

Reactions: Audib5fan
Cheers for the replies guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk