Nicked

My insurer does new for old car replacement if the car is less than 12 months old.

If you look through some recent posts on here there are several examples of unregistered cars at dealers. Some of these might be closer to the spec you had.

My motto is make it as hard for them to get in or even try to get in your house in the first place but once in make it as easy as possible for them to just get the keys and ****** off.
Once they are in and assuming you havent woken then the last thing you want is a group of men wandering round your house buzzing off their tits while you sleep.

Reactions: Scottyg, Dazzeroo, Spaceman_RS3 and 1 other person
I would assume that once they break in your alarm is kicking off so as long as keys aren't within grabbing distance 99/100 will just do a runner.
You will have phoned the cops when alarm goes off too.I would not leave keys where they can see them as its too easy.

Having a £50,000 car on the drive and then going to sleep without a house alarm on seems crazy to me. In fact, I doubt I would even get any sleep!

Reactions: Gazwould and Scottyg
Hey folks, thanks for all the comments/advise etc
So the insurance have passed me too a car replacement firm, they are saying I will be in the facelifted car by september and that the configurator will be on the audi web site by the end of the month. Timelines thats not the message I get from Amersham Audi, but its out of my hands. Point is, this is still awesome news because I was so worried I was going to get pilfered, may still do but fingers crossed xx

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3, Cobstar, CHEZ and 1 other person
I had an a6 avant, for some reason I kept it, I have that

Reactions: Scottyg
I think he's asking if you're still 'paying' for the car you no longer have?

Reactions: Scottyg
Glad there's some positive progress patters. Something to look forward to and fortunately you've got transport in the meantime.

Reactions: patters
Hey folks, thanks for all the comments/advise etc
So the insurance have passed me too a car replacement firm, they are saying I will be in the facelifted car by september and that the configurator will be on the audi web site by the end of the month. Timelines thats not the message I get from Amersham Audi, but its out of my hands. Point is, this is still awesome news because I was so worried I was going to get pilfered, may still do but fingers crossed xx

So your getting a FL RS3 in nardo?

So you'll be able to order a facelift car that no one has see yet by the end of this month :tearsofjoy:

TX.

Reactions: RYes3
I'm still reckoning on end of Q1 2017.

I'm still reckoning on end of Q1 2017.

I mentioned the FL subject today (when I picked my new car up), the sales guy replied that due to so many people enquiring about the RS3 FL, an internal Audi email has been sent out to RS brand managers stating that there is currently still no official information regarding any RS3 face lift.

In the meantime...... I am enjoying the brilliant current model :yahoo:

Reactions: RYes3, patters and Terminator x
So the company I have been handed over to by 1st central tell me that their 'broker' buy so many cars that they get big discounts (why they use them) and early info. They say that the RS3 configurator will be running on the audi website end of this month/beginning of june. I asked Amersham audi about this a couple of days ago and they now say the same, so yes, looking good. The car replacement people also say that although it has to be a like for like replacement I may be able to change a couple of bits and bobs once the original spec has been signed off.

When the car was stolen I thought 'never again', now I cant wait !

This site has been a great place to seek some sympathy during this **** time. I cant wait to get in the new car and come show it off

xxxxxxx

Reactions: monkeyboy_marcus, d170868, AndyB-S3 and 6 others
Excellent news Patters, really glad to hear it worked out in the end.

Be sure to give us any updates you hear :-D

I spoke to a dealer and they said the similar to what has been said "available to order in the summer for deliveries end of 2016/start of 2017"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just seen for the first time on the Audi website, an image of an S3 Sportback with Virtual Cockpit

and at terminatorx, just going by what I am being told, not making it up :)

I have now spoken to Audi head office and their 3 series product team cant even say if there will be a new RS3. So all speak of facelift is pure speculation. Weird thing is a certain showroom took a 1k deposit for one from me (before I realised my insurance need to buy from their own broker) How can they do that?

I have now spoken to Audi head office and their 3 series product team cant even say if there will be a new RS3. So all speak of facelift is pure speculation. Weird thing is a certain showroom took a 1k deposit for one from me (before I realised my insurance need to buy from their own broker) How can they do that?

Dealers will always take your cash, they want to sell cars! They will also tell you what you want/hope to hear to ensure you spend your cash with them and not somewhere else - hence them not being an entirely reliable source of accurate info. Lets hope that Jassy's son can shed some light for us on the FL.

I have been looking more closely at the new engine which will debut in the TTRS ( I did a separate thread on it earlier in the week but withdrew it as I pasted in some duff out of date numbers and couldn't edit it), the new engine is not just a midly tweaked version of the current unit but a much more developed engine. It's stated output is 400ps but with all it's newer technology I wouldn't be surprised if it was 410 or even 420ps with potential for some eyebrow raising numbers with a tune.
I just cant help thinking that to drop this engine into the RS3 and all the other technology updates of the A3, plus some of the new goodies from the new S3 (did I read something about torque vectoring diffs?) then this potentially goes beyond just a facelift - could it not actually be a significant new RS model that would still be way ahead of the competition even if it appeared sometime in the latter half of 2017?

Just a thought.

Reactions: Jassyo06
You know what, I sort of wish I liked BMW more, they are obviously very popular, and are awash with M variations of almost all models all the time, AND they sell high second hand. Audi on the other hand have 3, THREE RS models, not including the TT because it aint there yet. Having been the victim of a crime it is a serious consideration when buying a new car

Last edited:
Reactions: richmcveigh
Your point makes no sense.
There are only 5 m versions of bmw's so they are hardly awash with them.
Used values are the same if not worse than the equivalent Audi.

Are you sure you arent thinking of m sport versions of bmws? If so, they are nothing but the standard cars with a bit of trim added.

My point makes perfect sense, there are 10 M variants covering 2,3,4,5,6 and 2 X's, Audi only have 3 currently available and only in one variant for any given range.

Well, its been a journey, but after 7 months the insurers called last week to say they are pulling the plug on the wait for the new RS3 sportback replacement, as so many members on this site also predicted. Their cash offer had been 36k (back in April) on my 48k car. They said now that their policy is to only replace if something is available at the time. It felt to me like that they where actually waiting for all the suplace stock was gone before telling me that I would have to settle for the cash alternative. I had this argument up my sleeve when I said 36k wasnt enough and they said they would call back. I was fully expecting them to come back with less, or at best maybe 37. They came back with 42 minus 450 excess, so I bit their hand off and accepted.

A good outcome of course, but sadly the RS3 has now gone, we have moved home, re mortgaged so the 41 k has been swallowed and I will never be in such a position again. It was a lovely 6 months or so driving the coolest car I ever owned.

Enjoy your cars folks !!

Reactions: Bristle Hound and AudiNutta
Get yourself in a cheap £200pm leased Golf R. I test drove (another) RS3 today. For the money, it's a great alternative to it.

I kept my old car all along to still have that, a 2007 A6 Avant, 3.0 TDi, its the Le Mans one, very nice but a bit tired, but it will hopefully see me another few years, done 130k. To be fair I have gone all out on the new mortgage, I'll be 50 next year and didnt want to be remortgaged until 65 etc. Maybe in a couple of years I'll changed my mind and put half an RS on the mortgage, save for the other half. Who knows

Reactions: RS3 S.
Get yourself in a cheap £200pm leased Golf R. I test drove (another) RS3 today. For the money, it's a great alternative to it.
I wonder how much to lease an S3, off for a google...

As predicted bullsh*tters on this part of the site giving false hope to potential owners :dizzy:

TX.

I wonder how much to lease an S3, off for a google...
I had a quote on a new S3 a month or so back. Standard car was £2500 down and £270ish per month on a two year/10k mpa deal. They've gone up a bit now. TTS's are £2000 down and £350pm, inc VAT too.

To be fair TX, the only people who gave me hope, false or otherwise* were the dealers and the insurance 'new vehicle replacement' company. If, like me you had been calling random showrooms around the country on a probably fortnightly basis getting opinions for months, it was pretty much 100% going to be released this xmas/new year.

One door closes and another opens, car gone, all savings gone! but a new house awaits, was googling sh lotus & cateram but might settle for a new tv :)

i wonder who is driving this now, kept at 2k rpm to 1500 miles, only fed premium fuel, I wore poncy driving gloves under constant slagging from everyone just to keep the sw lovely ...

Fair enough patters, there are posters on here though that have been promising the face-lift was just around the corner for the last nine months.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Unbelievable. You've even managed to belly ache on this thread about the FL RS3 will it/won't it argument.