Looking to buy a new S3 saloon, few queries?

BarryM

Reaction score
Hello all, been a while since Ive been on here but looking on buying a new S3 Saloon.

I know these cars are still new but has anyone had any problems with them at all? Especially with the S Tronic gearbox, I know new cars have warranty but planning on keeping it for a long time and had previous issues with my old 59plate A3 Black edition.

Also where would be best place to buy one from, as in the cheapest, Ive been looking on sites like broadspeed and Orange wheels and getting some discount, I dont need a finance package and will be buying the car outright.

Also any news on when the Audi are taking orders for the facelift S3,

Thanks in advance

Mate, you should maybe get busy with the search engine...

Everything you ask is answered if you take a bit of time to look.

Reactions: pburv
As Kugaman 1 has said there are plenty of posts on what you are asking...:friends:
As for issues the only issue I have had on my car is a very small issue regarding the rear top suspension mounts.They tend to crash and bang over bumps. I'm having mine replaced next week.Seeing as you haven't ordered yet you will more than likely be getting the facelift model.Maybe by then they would have sorted the issue??..No problems regarding S Tronic..:friends:

Reactions: Satory
Wife has one, loves it! Nowt gone wrong over 8 months.
IMG 20150731 102531

TX.

Reactions: Benster70, Satory, BarryM and 1 other person
Mate, you should maybe get busy with the search engine...

Everything you ask is answered if you take a bit of time to look.

Ive already used the search engine and found some results, but there is no harm asking directly to owners themselves for their personal experiences and and advice.

Also stunning car 'terminator' I am still undecided beetween Ibis White and the Sepang Blue

Glacier white or now't

Generally been sound although can get a little bouncy (Although you kinda get used to it)
If its got the B&O stereo upgrade then have a keen listen to it. You can get some crackling but that's a software issue I think

Other than that there's plenty of info on here. Some gaffa tape might come in handy :welcoming: The legendary build quality doesn't always stand the test of time (Even in the short term)

Reactions: Satory and BarryM
Also where would be best place to buy one from, as in the cheapest, Ive been looking on sites like broadspeed and Orange wheels and getting some discount, I dont need a finance package and will be buying the car outright.

I haven't looked at broadspeed or Orange wheels. I did a number of requests on Carwow though, which I assume is similar? I found that there were good deals offered through Carwow but nothing mind-blowing. In my experience you'll equal or better those deals by talking to your dealer, explaining exactly what you want and what you are willing to pay for it.

As Kugaman 1 has said there are plenty of posts on what you are asking...:friends:
As for issues the only issue I have had on my car is a very small issue regarding the rear top suspension mounts.They tend to crash and bang over bumps. I'm having mine replaced next week.Seeing as you haven't ordered yet you will more than likely be getting the facelift model.Maybe by then they would have sorted the issue??..No problems regarding S Tronic..:friends:

Already had my suspension mounts done and it made no difference.

Suspension mounts and rear shocks replaced- no difference

B&O crackle
Bouncy suspension
Haldex issues
Sticking brake pads & handbrake
Numerous cabin rattles

Suspension mounts and rear shocks replaced- no difference

B&O crackle
Bouncy suspension
Haldex issues
Sticking brake pads & handbrake
Numerous cabin rattles
Lol it's all doom and gloom....Sorry to hear you have had a load of issues...
I hope it was just bad luck on your part if you know what I mean ...No offence intended mate...:friends:

Lol it's all doom and gloom....Sorry to hear you have had a load of issues...
I hope it was just bad luck on your part if you know what I mean ...No offence intended mate...:friends:
Lol none taken mate. Hopefully just a run of bad luck. I did get a free wheel refurb for the troubles though

I know these cars are still new but has anyone had any problems with them at all? Especially with the S Tronic gearbox, I know new cars have warranty but planning on keeping it for a long time and had previous issues with my old 59plate A3 Black edition.

DSG gearboxes are DSG gearboxes are DSG gearboxes, out of warranty costs with the mechatronics will always be an issue. You just have to allow for this.
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/s3-s-tronic-gearbox-failure.256978/

For other reliability issues see:
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/reliability-8v-vs-8p.268645/

Reactions: BarryM
Glacier white or now't

Generally been sound although can get a little bouncy (Although you kinda get used to it)
If its got the B&O stereo upgrade then have a keen listen to it. You can get some crackling but that's a software issue I think

Other than that there's plenty of info on here. Some gaffa tape might come in handy :welcoming: The legendary build quality doesn't always stand the test of time (Even in the short term)

Bouncy? In the saloon........Yeah righto!! :whistle2:

9 months zero issues...............sound as a pound but hopefully still worth a bit more than one lol

Reactions: SRT, Satory, Bradders99 and 2 others
Bouncy? In the saloon........Yeah righto!! :whistle2:

9 months zero issues...............sound as a pound but hopefully still worth a bit more than one lol

Like wise, got mine on 1st mar 2015, no issues, just puts a smile on my face every time I drive it or catch people admiring it !!!!

Reactions: pburv, Satory and Simon L
Like wise, got mine on 1st mar 2015, no issues, just puts a smile on my face every time I drive it or catch people admiring it !!!!
No bouncy bouncy for me more like clunky clunky......but all sorted now due to rear top mounts being replaced under warranty.......:yahoo:

Reactions: Satory