bhp loss or gain

a4quat

Reaction score
can anyone tell me if i put on a bmc air filter and an atmospheric dump valve if i would lose bhp or not, and also would i get turbo chatter from the air filter? :think:

Dont think you will lose any but you will hear more of the engine

ok, i have a bmc induction on my a4, i dont think u will gain any hp, you wont loose any either. you will hear your diverter valve clearly, as for the dump vavle i tried a bailey dv 26 on mine and the car felt flat. so i went back to the bailey dv30 recurc. i noticed when i fitted the milltek hfc you can hear the turbo a lot more. hope this helps.

you should go for a bigger BMC than they recommend since they undersize for some reason.. you would then need to match it up to your maf housing though.

atmospheric dump valve you will lose boost everytime your off throttle , gearchanges and will need to wait for the turbo to spool again, bit of a PITA IMO

chatter, if you mean asthmatic breathing that would make sense if you were to run a small filter then vent all your boost into the air , most likely thing in that circumstance is a inlet pipe would collapse ... this is what the set up you are considering suggests.

HTH