Sportback rear window & lock issues

Robrich

Reaction score
Hi, first post.

I need some advice help, I have a 58 plate sportback and recently the rear drivers door will not lock with the fob, I realised when the indicators weren't flashing when pressing the lock function on the key, also the window will not open or close on the same door form master switch or rear switch.

Any help advice would be great!?

Thanks

Rob

possibly a wire has snapped in the rubber boot in the rear drivers door or the module which controls both the window and lock has failed . easy swap , just remeber to copy the coding for the rear door first incase the replacement is coded differently

Thanks will check it out, child lock buttons has stopped also. Will Check for broken wires, not got computer for coding. Will a new master switch need a code?

the solenoid & lock is not coded, just a straight swap. Try the key in the drivers door lock and see if it locks and unlocks.

I am 99% certain it will be broken wires in the driver's door. I had the same issues like childlock button and a rear window not working and driver's door not locking etc. It's a poor design as the wiring gets squashed everytime you open and close the door.

I am 99% certain it will be broken wires in the driver's door. I had the same issues like childlock button and a rear window not working and driver's door not locking etc. It's a poor design as the wiring gets squashed everytime you open and close the door.

Shouldn't happen on a newer car . Still worth a quick check though.

It's a 58 plate so not much new than my 57 which had issues over a year ago with this. Mileage/usage will probably be a factor though, but I would bet it is the wires (too many things not working to be faulty solenoids/locks etc).