PRNDS indicators

Lowry_uk

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Firstly this is my first post on here after 8 years of owning a Golf MK4 Anniversary TDi...... So Hi All!!

I've just recently purchased an Audi A4 Avant 2005 Auto (CVT)

The PRNLD indicators for the first 10/20 mins works as in which ever gear is selected the box goes over the relevant gear

But after 10/20 it becomes a solid block of colour.

Does you reckon this is an lcd issue? Or a fault with the auto transmission. I've recently had it scanned and doesn't throw any faults with the transmission just a glow plug open circuit (which is another issue)

Could anyone shed a little light please

I think (without any actual knowledge) it will be the LCD once warmed up perhaps? :-(

e.g a dry solder joint that when it expands ever so slightly with heat the contact is lost

Not to jinx you in any way but be aware - the lights all on can be a warning sign in relation to the Mechatronic unit.

I had a 2003 V6 DSG TT and the auto boxes Mechatronic unit went pop. I used ECUtesting who refurbished the unit.

As I said hopefully it's nothing more than the LCD

Oh guys I do hope it's the LCD, I posted this on the Audi group on Facebook and every reply was a faulty auto box ecu.

I researched it and thought omg how much is this gunna cost lol

I'm gunna try just leave the ignition on (not turning over) and just see once the lcd has warmed up as I should imagine it's gunna give the same whether it's driving or not

Wishing me luck

Good luck mate!
I called a mate in on mine and all in it cost me £400 due to doing the work ourselves. So don't be too worried - plenty of places do it now.