Doomed roof? any advice please

eqvvs63

Reaction score
Hi I have a 2005 A4 cab which I left at my mother in laws whilst I was working out of the country and the roof cover I had on blew off leaving it exposed to the English elements resulting in the mossy manky roof in the picture attached.

Can anyone give me any advice as to products or methods which may help bring it back to life?

Any help/advice would be gratefully received

Attachments

• roof.JPG
    roof.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 214
Ive` just done mine not quite as bad but not far off,what i used was milton steriliser 1st,i wet the roof with the hose pipe not the power washer,then sprayed the whole roof with milton(50/50)with water left it for about 5mins the gave it a good scrubb.You will see all the green crap come off with another doucing from hose pipe,i then left it to dry 1/2 hr then repeated as above,when all was gone i soaked it again and used Autoglym roof clean gave it 2 goes with Autoglym and the hose pipe then left to dry,after all this was done i Fabsil`d the whole roof now looks just like new and un believably water proof

What did you scrub it with cabby, soft brush? How did you apply the fabsil to get an even coat?

I scrubbed the roof with medium/hard brush as for the fabsil this was applied with a 3" paint brush,started at the front and worked backwards,the fabsil is colourless so you can`t see it when its applied i`ll post up some pics soon

I posted up my way of doing the mould and mildew on convertible roofs a while ago on here if you care to search.

The long and short of it is..you need to blast the roof with a pressure washer. I used a karcher and went approx a couple of centimetres away from the roof to literally see the mould come off.

It will take several attempts at this, but it WILL work.

I suggest rinsing the roof first, applying the Miltons baby sterilising fluid as above and working it in wth a soft bristle brush. Leave in for 15mins before blasting it off.

Preferably do this in the sun so after it can properly dry out.

Let me know if you need help. I had the WORST case of this when buying my car..