Rnse very poor radio

vr6gordy

Reaction score
i don't have my radio on much but when I do I'm getting very poor signal I get all the stations but there not very good .. I've scanned the car and there is a code there for the rnse says antenna open circuit . Dose that s mean I need a new antenna booster ???

It's will be the cable that runs into the boot. Open the boot, pull the rubber boot off next to the left boot hinge, you will most likely find a nice broken ariel wire.

I also have the same issue but purely the radio reception as I dont have RNS-E.

On the left hand side of the boot lid, where the wires are kept in the rubber, it doesnt *look* like there is a dodgy wire.

Would you suggest cutting the rubber conduit off? Ive heard if the break is not in there we would need to remove the boot trim off.

Sorry VR6Gordy..the above me be what you need to do too!

Been there done that .mended it ages ago when I lost all radio stations . If the wire was broken I wouldn't get any stations

ok.

Not sure if the above is entirely true though as Ive got EVERY radio station showing up, just a weak to poor signal. Sometimes, you can hear it, ever so slightly.

Thanks for the advice. Will try properly searching for broken antenna cable otherwise yes..i'll need to do this.