Having trouble resetting service reminder

fps_cod

Reaction score
Had a service done on my car and my mechanic said he was having trouble resetting the service reminder.
Had a go myself and am not having any luck. When the ignition is on, the service due warning comes up, the if i pull the right stick it says the service is overdue, then flicks over to the oil change (The oil change reminder has been reset)

Have tried:
  1. Start with the ignition turned OFF.
  2. Press and hold the button on the right side of the display while turning the ignition on (position 2)
  3. "Service OEL / OIL" should be displayed.
  4. Release the button on the right
also tried using VCDS SRI

Even after doing both of the above, when I turn the ignition on it pops up saying service due. When I pull the right stick on the dash out, it says service exceeded by however long then flicks over to the oil service which is back to being service in 365 days.

Anyone got any ideas on what I can do as i'm stumped.

Mine set with the SRI (07 170) but later ones i think need the 3 stage as in that thread

Mine set with the SRI (07 170) but later ones i think need the 3 stage as in that thread

What are the 3 stages?

Alsong with the SRI i've also tried this:
1998 and Newer:
[Select]
[17 - Instruments]

[Adaptation - 10]
Enter channel 02
[Read]
The "Stored Value" is the current value for that channel.
Enter the "New" value of 0 (zero)
[Test]
[Save]

Worked it out in the end. Had to do a mileage based reset, which gave 11000 miles or 700 odd days, then a service reset (USA Only) which gave 10000 miles or 365 days

Reactions: LEE69