Indicator not clicking

MilkDawg

Reaction score
I have had my B8 saloon for a couple of weeks now and this morning noticed that when signalling there is no clicking noise. I could swear there was one when I got it but now not sure. I assume there should be one? It looks like the lights still work outside etc but just no noise. I tried the warning lights too and no click. Does anyone know where the speaker is for this please? I did some searching but didn't find anything on B8s. Car has only done 20k, odd!

Oh, my A3 8P did, so perhaps I was thinking of that. So your B8 had no noise at all when indicating?

Just double checked the A5, it does click, duh!!,:wtf:

I've never heard it do it before, or on the A4, but I do drive with the tunes up loud. :racer:

Doesn't help your original question though, my bad. :whistle2:

JG

Lol! Thanks for checking. I wonder where the speaker is then. Surely they wont be relays these days. Hopefully someone knows.

Reactions: RS5 JON
It does kind of sound like a relay click, not an amplified sound like you would get from a speaker, as you say, hopefully someone will know.
JG

The A4 does click. The click comes from the instrument cluster. Does your alarm work ?

The A4 does click. The click comes from the instrument cluster. Does your alarm work ?

Just got home and tested, yes the alarm works. Also, if I turn the stereo off, I can hear the soft clicking sound when indicating but its very low. So I think it was working as I thought but the little speaker (or maybe relay) is dying. Does anyone have any info if this can even be replaced/fixed?

It is definitely choosing when to work and when not to work. I guess there is something that needs to be replaced. Anyone have ANY info?

I have a B8 (11 plate) and sometimes it clicks and sometimes it doesn't. It's never been enough of an issue to get it fixed.

If that is the case - it's an instrument cluster out job and send it to ECU-testing or BBA-reman for repair.

If they can't repair it you'll have to get it replaced. I just paid £1400 for a new one (complete failure) - I don't think you can justify £1400 just so you can hear your indicator :blink: