Has anyone retro fitted roof rails on an 8V yet?

Hi K96….
Sorry to pick this up a year later - but just about to buy an 2017 A3 Black Edition and it really needs the roof rails. Any chance you could send over details of who fitted them for you please?
Many thanks… And Happy Easter

this is not a ball ache of a mod and straight forward .Its not rocket science. headliner is the long part, day 1 over . the area to drill is clearly seen. put the spacer in the slot as a guide and then drill upward straight with pilot hole. then from the outside enlarge the hole. on my 8p its 13 mm. coat metal with corrosion protection. prime and paint day 2 over to allow to dry. insert bars, tighten down bolts and done. THe guide to the 8V is similar to the guide for the 8P

Thanks for the response. It’s the dropping the headliner I don’t fancy doing. Especially with sunroof fitted…
If anything it's easier with the sunroof, it just unclips around it and then you have a massive grab hole lol.
It's a very worthwhile mod, just give yourself time

Very interested… I can’t work out how to pm you…would love to find your fitter..