Introducing....Sepango Fandango

Mr.G

Reaction score
Well...the wife roped me into cleaning her Alfa, afterwards, I felt a little sorry for Sepango, sitting there a "tad" neglected and Jealous of the Alfa's attention from me. So I thought a quick bit of love might see some good results.

GTechniq W4 - Snow Foam, follwed by GWash (TBM). Billbery for wheels via Hogs Hair Brush and Ez Detailing Brush for wheel inners. Gtechniq, G4, G5 and G1 for glass surfaces. GTechniq M1 for Exhaust and T1 for Tyres.

The Crystal Serum Black is really holding up better than I thought. Hydrophobic properties are still fantastic.

Before
IMG 0448

IMG 0449

IMG 0451

IMG 0452

IMG 0453

IMG 0454

IMG 0455

IMG 0456

W4 Citrus Foam in Action..(excuse the Kettle) Required to keep hands warm.

IMG 0457

IMG 0458

IMG 0460

The Finished Product...Fandango.

IMG 0477

IMG 0479

IMG 0480

IMG 0484

IMG 0486 2

IMG 0485

IMG 0494 2

IMG 0495 2

GTechniq Crystal Serum keeping the paint swirl free.

IMG 0497 2

IMG 0503

IMG 0511

IMG 0510

IMG 0512

My Favourite colour on an S3. Looks almost liquid when looked after.

G

Attachments

• IMG_0460.JPG
    IMG_0460.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 241
  • IMG_0469.JPG
    IMG_0469.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 168
  • IMG_0491 (2).jpg
    IMG_0491 (2).jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 157
Reactions: Pook, Bristle Hound, A3_Rider and 14 others
Stunning mate, well done!
I've just applied Carbon Collective Platinum to mine, loving the maintenance-free lifestyle!

Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06 and Rob2k68
Car looks fantastic. :) x

Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06 and Rob2k68
Awesome job Mr G !! - one of the best Sepang details I've seen.

Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06 and Sandra
No Bad,no bad at all...Fancy a shot at the title..lol

Reactions: Rob2k68, pburv and Mr.G
Thanks for the comments.

@Jass me ole mate ya...bring it on :p

Reactions: Rob2k68, pburv and Jassyo06
@Mr.G I think that's a challenge for @jassyo06 title. That's going to take some beating as our Jassys car is always awesome. ;)

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
LMAO

I might struggle with the pants off!

Where's your contribution? Lets see some pics.

Much love.

G

Reactions: Simon L, pburv, Rob2k68 and 2 others
Hmmm what would Harry Hill say ? ......

Reactions: Simon L, Jassyo06 and pburv
LMAO

I might struggle with the pants off!

Where's your contribution? Lets see some pics.

Much love.

G

OK didn't use a fancy camera but l didn't get me car pro detailed either,done it all meself like you first photo is around 11k miles
DSC 0289
this one around 7k miles
DSC 00072
DSC 0141
DSC 00212
DSC 00062
Justa few from me Zeepagolander wardrobe lol

Reactions: SJ43, AL_B, Simon L and 2 others
LOL Jass.

Fair comment mate, but to my defense I wanted Crystal Serum Black and as this is Pro Detailer Application only I had to get it done by a Pro.

Yours, is a fine, fine specimen. I can't really apply wax as it impairs the Serum. Shame as I'd like a finish like yours.

Reactions: Simon L, Jassyo06, pburv and 1 other person
LOL Jass.

Fair comment mate, but to my defense I wanted Crystal Serum Black and as this is Pro Detailer Application only I had to get it done by a Pro.

Yours, is a fine, fine specimen. I can't really apply wax as it impairs the Serum. Shame as I'd like a finish like yours.

I have'nt put wax or any polish near me cars paint mate in the full year l have had it mate,just C1/EX02...at the beginning,then Gyeon Q2M quick detailer its far,far better than any Gtechniq detailer or even C2v3...give a go mate.its Awesome....it will really show up yer cars gloss far better than anything l have used

Reactions: Simon L, Rob2k68, pburv and 2 others
For having no wax on it @Mr.G that is some deep gloss paintwork. Very impressive.

Nope, no wax, just the Crystal Serum and Exo V2 (CS Black). I miss not applying wax.

@ Jass, looking at those pics again I've a statement "Moisture is the essence of wetness, and wetness is the essence of beauty." ;)

G

Reactions: Rob2k68, Simon L, pburv and 2 others
Really? Just a wash from now on?

Yes pal plus a quick detailer..lol that's all its ever had..as for me av had sore backs,sore knees,sore Spanish Archers you name it.....lol

Reactions: Simon L, Rob2k68, pburv and 1 other person
I have'nt put wax or any polish near me cars paint mate in the full year l have had it mate,just C1/EX02...at the beginning,then Gyeon Q2M quick detailer its far,far better than any Gtechniq detailer or even C2v3...give a go mate.its Awesome....it will really show up yer cars gloss far better than anything l have used

Serious? Gyeon better than Crystal Serum Black? Problem is what does this Gyeon contain, don't want to ruin the Hydophobic properties of what I have right now.

G

Reactions: Scottyg, Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
Nope, no wax, just the Crystal Serum and Exo V2 (CS Black). I miss not applying wax.

@ Jass, looking at those pics again I've a statement "Moisture is the essence of wetness, and wetness is the essence of beauty." ;)

G

Yiv bejazzled me with that statement mate...well n truly...lol

Reactions: Scottyg, Rob2k68 and pburv
Serious? Gyeon better than Crystal Serum Black? Problem is what does this Gyeon contain, don't want to ruin the Hydophobic properties of what I have right now.

G
Av never seen water so frightened since i fired on the EX02 mate...its always sold out, its a top up mate over a ceramic serum not a replacement or rival of Crystal serum, its just to stop the paintwork from getting swirls.....

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Mr.G
Yes pal plus a quick detailer..lol that's all its ever had..as for me av had sore backs,sore knees,sore Spanish Archers you name it.....lol

You and me both. I'm in for a Double Spinal Fusion on the 13th April. No car washing for me for a long while. Hence I want it as protected as possible.

You and me both. I'm in for a Double Spinal Fusion on the 13th April. No car washing for me for a long while. Hence I want it as protected as possible.

Yeah mate..the decades of keeping fit take there toll on ya

Reactions: Rob2k68, Scottyg, Mr.G and 1 other person
Yeah mate..the decades of keeping fit take there toll on ya
Got to admit Scottyg does look 'kinda' fit....:whistle2:
Hope all goes well with your op Scotty...:friends:

Reactions: Rob2k68, Scottyg and Jassyo06
Go get mate,its amazing stuff,all it takes is 2 microfibre cloths, one to apply the other to buff off...hey presto

Reactions: Rob2k68
Yip,try the 250ml bottle first with two passes on each panel, then come back to me on this thread with yer opinion.

So just to confirm, you have applied C1 and Exo on your car, then found this Gyeon and applied? Any reason you didnt stick with the GTechniq line up?

Reactions: Jassyo06
So just to confirm, you have applied C1 and Exo on your car, then found this Gyeon and applied? Any reason you didnt stick with the GTechniq line up?
I used the gtechniq quick detailer the results where not that great,l then used C2v3 as a quick detailer yeah it's a bit better,but the car's paint still lacked that glossy look that the EXO2 originally gave, then gave the Gyeon a go,gloss levels are exceptional as are it hydrophobic qualities

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob2k68, Simon L and pburv
I used the gtechniq quick detailer the results where not that great,l then used C2v3 as a quick detailer yeah it's a bit better,but the car's paint still lacked that glossy look that the EXO2 originally gave, then gave the Gyeon a go,gloss levels are exceptional as are it hydrophobic qualities

.........how much was that commission yer on again mate??!! :whistle2:

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Rob2k68
Told you to get it,but you bothered yer derriere

Smashing bit of French there Monsieur..................... :sex:

It's on me to-do list fella, weather improving all the time................a job for easter me thinks :)

Reactions: Rob2k68, Sandra and Jassyo06

G
I have Gtechniq Crystal serum and Exo (CS black detail) on my car too and I also miss the days of waxing! But its been on the car now for 10k miles and all I can say is wow. All I've done is wash it and use iron X now and then and it just continues to bead like crazy. I've been told not to top it with anything as it will not have any benefit. If you feel it is dropping off though its worth considering some Iron X or giving it a clay bar or applying some paint cleaner/IPA. As contaminates that stick to the paint over time even after washing can have an negative effect on water behaviour. You may think that paint cleaner/IPA is a bit harsh to use but just consider that the only way to remove Crystal Serum from the paint you need to wet sand it off. Its some pretty hard stuff once its on the paint! Hence why its pro-application only.

And by the way, great pics!!! Car looks stunning!

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
Well...the wife roped me into cleaning her Alfa, afterwards, I felt a little sorry for Sepango, sitting there a "tad" neglected and Jealous of the Alfa's attention from me. So I thought a quick bit of love might see some good results.

GTechniq W4 - Snow Foam, follwed by GWash (TBM). Billbery for wheels via Hogs Hair Brush and Ez Detailing Brush for wheel inners. Gtechniq, G4, G5 and G1 for glass surfaces. GTechniq M1 for Exhaust and T1 for Tyres.

The Crystal Serum Black is really holding up better than I thought. Hydrophobic properties are still fantastic.

BeforeView attachment 83852

View attachment 83853

View attachment 83854
View attachment 83855
View attachment 83856

View attachment 83857

View attachment 83858
View attachment 83859

W4 Citrus Foam in Action..(excuse the Kettle) Required to keep hands warm.

View attachment 83860

View attachment 83862

View attachment 83867

The Finished Product...Fandango.

View attachment 83866

View attachment 83868

View attachment 83869

View attachment 83870

View attachment 83872
View attachment 83871
View attachment 83874
View attachment 83875

GTechniq Crystal Serum keeping the paint swirl free.

View attachment 83876
View attachment 83877
View attachment 83878
View attachment 83879
View attachment 83880
My Favourite colour on an S3. Looks almost liquid when looked after.

G
@Mr G. - Brilliant detail buddy :thumbs up:
Great pics too

Another sepango detail here ;) :D
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...lue-b8-5-audi-s4-black-edition-saloon.247421/

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Mr.G
Decided to clean the car this afternoon, I never forget why I chose this colour, but ever time I see it, it never fails to suprise me or please me. For me Sepango Fandango is just that. The best colour Audi have ever put on a car, in my opinion of course :x

Notice the lack of Swirls even after 6 months, I don't think I can spot any and my eye's pretty keen on things like that. Its only wearing G Techniq Quick Detailer. Nothing more nothing less.

IMG 0389

IMG 0390

IMG 0399

IMG 0425

IMG 0409

IMG 0429

Those aren't chips in the paintwork above, just dust from my cloth.

IMG 0403

IMG 0410

IMG 0438

Reactions: SmileyS3, Pook, Scottyg and 3 others