S3 fuel consumption

roonys3

Reaction score
hi sorry if I get post in the wrong place am new to this and just looking for some advice.
I recently brought a 02 plate S3 BAM engine Audi with 78k and full Audi service history.
When I brought the car home it wouldn't get above 60 on the temp gauge. I replaced the thermostat and temp gauge stays at 90 once warm.
The air con controller on 51c (I believe this is the cts reading?) is reading dead on 75degrees so I replaced the coolant temp sensor with a new one and got the same. Today I went and brought a new one from VW for £40 thinking the eBay one was faulty. And got the same.
Any ideas where I should look next??

I have VCDS But have lent it to my mate il get it off him on Monday. I only used it to check and clear the codes. Sorry if I sound stupid I've not played about with the software yet but how would I check the two on VCDS?

Engine controller, go into measuring blocks, coolant temp should be one of the first few groups, check its same/similar to your clocks.

What does it indicate if it is the same reading on vag com as temp gauge or not?

I have replaced the thermostat and believe it's working correctly the car warms up to 90 on the temp gauge and stays there.

And I have had the same coolant sensor reading from 3 different temp sensors. x2 OEM ones the original and one from VW and one from eBay. All three show 75 degrees on the HVAC.

If I see 75 degrees on vag com would this indicate the temp sensor is sending signal saying 75 degrees? What are the chances of the original Audi temp sensor, a new one from VW and a new 5 year warranty one from eBay all being faulty?

Is there anything else that could be causing a faulty reading?

Engine coolant is block 001 of the engine module... check it there first...

<tuffty/>

Ps thank you for the advice il get my VCDS back and check what I get.

My mate still hasn't brought my laptop back but I was just wondering on the climate control.
Is :
51C the engine temp
49C the coolant temp?

I'm getting a constant 75degrees on 51C and around 90 on 49C does this sound right?
I have a 2002 S3 bam engine