Speech dialogue system help...

WelshWoody83

Reaction score
Can anybody help me out here? I had my a3 8p written off in January and yesterday got my new car, a 2013 a3 sline. I love the car but as soon as I press the steering wheel button, even before I have a chance to say anything it says ,"cancel" .
What do you think is causing this? The phone connects without issue and I can make calls through the mmi dial thing or by scrolling through the lists via the steering wheel. I just can't do anything via voice control?

I have VCDS and couldn't see an obvious issue?

Thanks in advance...

Isn't voice control an upgrade on the standard phone set up??

Sounds to me like it may be a problem - I'd give the dealer a call or Audi themselves to see if voice control was active on your car as new. Personally I would have thought voice control would be standard on an S-Line.
Can't remember off hand but is there anything you might have to set up in the MMI screen - is there an option to disable or program it perhaps? Off hand I can't remember so only a suggestion that may be worth checking perhaps, as some buttons are programmable within the MMI

Reactions: pburv
Voice control was standard on my car - Saloon - Sport trim - 2014.
Having said that, during handover the sales person said words to the effect of - that button is for the voice control. You won't want to use that cos it's crap.:sadlike:

Voice control was standard on my car - Saloon - Sport trim - 2014.
Having said that, during handover the sales person said words to the effect of - that button is for the voice control. You won't want to use that cos it's ****.:sadlike:

Then all I can say is that the salesman was a tw@t and had no idea what he was talking about as it's one of the best systems I've used. Just takes a little time to "learn" the commands. But it works brilliantly.

Guess though as your salesman said it you believed him? Ever tried it?

No I haven't really tried it. But I have seen several comments on here saying it's not that good. Maybe I should give it a go - although I've no real reason to use it.

On the way to work this morning I pressed the button to talk and said Kisstory, it then said Kisstory and changed the radio station. I pressed the button again and straight away it said cancel.