AVF 1.9TDI Quattro driving like a bag of crap

Breezey

Reaction score
Hi guys,

just replaced the thermostat and went out fro a test drive car was driving better than ive ever seen before! so ive since given it a full service oil fuel and air filters taken it out for a spin and it seems to have no boost at all then about 3500rpm youll get it. seems so bizzare how its just happened, the fuel and air filters dont look like theyve ever been done so i would expect it to have run amazingly after a chnage. Having abit of a look is this pointing towards sticky veins / actuautior? if so could somon shed some light on how to resolve it?

VCDS scan not showing much just a few sensors having short to ground will edit these in a sec although after clearing the codes they have not come back assuming this is down to the coolant leak i had from changing the stat?

3 Faults Found:

17994 - Engine Mount Solenoid Valves (N144/N145)
P1586 - 35-10 - Short to Plus - Intermittent
17564 - Manifold Pressure Sensor (G71)
P1156 - 35-00 - Open/Short to Ground
17569 - Manifold Temp Sensor (G72)
P1161 - 35-00 - Open or Short to Plus

Sounds like you may have disturbed a vacuum pipe.
What engine 1.8T or 1.9TDI?

Ah I see it's a 1.9.

the air filter was a pig to change so im wondering if i knowcked something there although thats on the intake side of the turbo? i did remove the the intake pipe from the airbox but left it connected to the turbo side.im struggling for ideas really, it gives full boost at about 3000rpm but ****** all up to that point :-S

Getting the solid break peddle / no stopping power aswell! Definatly pointing to a vac issue?

Maybe you've disturbed the MAF sensor, if getting the airbox out was a pain. I did this, to my shame, in almost exactly the same circumstances.

I'll give it ago disconnected tommorow and see what vcds throws up! Appreciated the advice mate really do!

Had a similar problem on my 02 1.9 - hard brake pedal and no power, turned out the vac servo had failed due to corrosion. Replaced it and all good.

Had a similar problem on my 02 1.9 - hard brake pedal and no power, turned out the vac servo had failed due to corrosion. Replaced it and all good.
Ahh cheers I'm not sure where it is but I'm armed with several diagrams so hipefully I will stumble upon something later!
Lots of vac lines to disturb when you did the air filter .

Hopefully this will explain it! I have got some vacuume so hoping it's a split pipe I can re make off ! Thanks for your input chaps!

The culprit :

Thanks so much for your help lads it seems I was at fault I'm not accepting full responsibility though seems like a stupid design to me !

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    728.5 KB · Views: 3,069
Reactions: S4_dan