B5 rear seats swap

S4_dan

Fire up the Quattro!
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Won a cheap leather set of seats and door cards off bay of evil.

These are intended for the Derv Shed. However, I've just noticed the leather rear seats are split folding seats.
Derv shed doesn't have folding seats. Can these still be fitted in or is it going to be a ball ache and my best bet is to repair drivers bolster and sell on?

i believe its a bit of a ballache.

I've always had cars with folding seats, but i think the saloon B5's without have a solid steel panel behind the seat backrest, which would need to be cut out, then the brackets for the folding seats would need to be welded into place.

The base part is the same and just clips in.

If your feeling adventurous, you could maybe try removing the cover off the rear seat and swap it onto your existing one?

OK, so I spoke with the guy about the seats. Advert stated saloon seats but he mentioned that they are late Avant seats.

He also said early Avant split seats would fit once fixings were screwed in on mine?! Not sure..

Either way, he has agreed to cancel them. I think he was hoping for more cash for them anyway, so made it easier to cancel.

Will keep an eye out for some more local seats.

Cheers.

early avants and saloons with split fold are very similar. Later avants have a differetn locking mechanism and integrated third seatbelt.

However saloons without split fold are completely different, and as mentioned above will require some level of heavy duty work to make them fit.

I think you'll struggle to find leather that isnt split folding. Split fold was standard on Quattro models, which are the ones most likely to have the leather, and you'd expect that anyone upspeccing to leather would also have up-specced to the split-fold rear seats.

Reactions: S4_dan