Things To Check...

jdw88rm

Reaction score
Evening guys,

I have my eye on a 2005 A6 2.0 TDi S Line saloon. I've had an A4 before but was wondering if there was anything specific to this model that I'd need to check when going to view it.
Any help or advice would be very much appreciated!

Jon

Check injector recall has been done. There may be others?

Look up the oil pump failure issues on the longitudinal 2.0 Tdi engines, plenty on the web and any remedial action has been done.

Front suspension joints as with the A4, check for knocking, bottom arms aren't a major issue, but the upper ones are a pig as the pinch bolt seizes in the upright.

Check everything works, watch for electrical gremlins, if you can take VCDS on a laptop and do a fault code read out. (A6 needs full VCDS the microcan or lite systems don't work)

If it's an estate check the rear wheel bearings. Not expensive, but can fail.

If it's a Quattro, check all the tyres are the same model and reasonably even tread depth. Indicates if they knew how to look after the car properly.

General condition, service history etc.

Hi Jon I ve bought an A6 avant sline 2.0 tdi BRE 72000 miles looking great no faults..got the car home and on my first hour of driving I ve noticed a steering column noise(rubber on rubber)...vibration on idle...plus some small other issues.. Car was on warranty so I had to the car to Audi for check... £350 for steering... And now be prepaired :)..£2500 for vibration of the engine. The audi is back to the dealer now they 've bought the car back.So be sure it doesn t vibrate(rev counter needle moving a bit) although this engines are a bit noise and they vibrate quite alot. The car had good service history.. All paper..hope that I didn t scared you,just have a goid look on the car. Adrian

Evening guys,

Went to view one today and couldn't fault it really apart from a noise coming from the engine when I accelerated... it sounded abit like a whistle or a siren. Any ideas??

Evening guys,

Went to view one today and couldn't fault it really apart from a noise coming from the engine when I accelerated... it sounded abit like a whistle or a siren. Any ideas??
That's most probably the turbo spooling that you could hear.

Hi everyone I'm new to this forum and new to audi. I now own a 2005 A6 2.0tdi. The emissions light came on and when I got a read on it, it said swirl flap motor defective?? Can someone else help out please. Is this a huge problem. ??