Help Please!

Jord159

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Got a little problem. I have a 2.0 140 pd engine and it's making a common appearance on the car recently. As I'm driving (all speeds) the engine seems to cut out for about half a second, come back on in a type of limp mode and doesn't go over 3k in revs. On the dashboard, a flashing coil light comes on. It happens around 5 times a week.

Could anyone help please, I'm not to sure where to start.

Cheers!

Fault code scan.

I have done one this is from my cheap scanner....

Possible causes
- Faulty Crankshaft Position (CKP) Sensor
- Crankshaft Position (CKP) Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Crankshaft Position (CKP) Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Communication error between the Engine Control Module (ECM) and Transmission Control Module (TCM)

When is the code detected?
The P0726 Codes is triggered when the TCM detected that the calculated engine speed is greater than the RPM's received from ECM.

So basically I need to change the crankshaft sensor. I'll ring TPS tomorrow to see if they do them. Thanks for all the help guys :)

Crank sensor is behind the flywheel, it will cost you around £100 for the sensor, get it scanned on VCDS before spending money, from what you have said id be looking at poss a corroded wire to the ECU/ECU has water in it, seen that many many times, only replaced a handfull of crank sensors in 10 years mind

So basically I need to change the crankshaft sensor. I'll ring TPS tomorrow to see if they do them. Thanks for all the help guys :)

Was it was you thought it was / have you got it sorted?