2.0tdi 170 turbo gasket??

darren t

Reaction score
So turns out there's no gasket between turbo and manifold when sent from the factory.
I have found what I thought was a crack in manifold defiantly blowing plenty of black soot, bought a manifold from local breakers and tried too order gaskets today and found out that there is no gasket for turbo too manifold!
Anyone changed a turbo on the 170bhp what was the solution for the gasket or do I need too have something skimmed?

Yes, correct - no gasket fitted originally, which I think personally is a joke.
My car had the turbo replaced at a very reputable Indy in Glasgow who fitted a gasket.
I was unaware of this until the engine gave up the ghost and I am in the process of fitting a new one. I went into Audi Edinburgh for new gaskets and asked for a turbo to exhaust manifold gasket to be told there isn't one listed.
I ordered one from Darkside Developments - £7.50 if I recall correctly.

Cheeres mate I'm wating on mine too arrive gutted as I've got a full set of engine mounts,snub,gearbox I'm wating for the gaskets,1got underneath the weekend too doe mounts and decided attacking the lot in one go would be best saves disturbing stressing everything with jacking engine/car up ect wondering if the leak is actually the seal between gasket and turbo but I think it's a bit above the seal and I've already purchased a second hand manifold with no cracks so it's getting changed anyway