Cancelling

NatalieBx

Reaction score
I ordered an A3 a few weeks ago and ever since then I've doubted my decision. I'm thinking of cancelling my order but I'm worried I'm making a mistake.
My concerns are:

1) I'll be having the pre-facelift version and I kind of wish I'd waited for the new one, plus if I'd have waited longer I probably could have got a better discount on this version.

2) If I cancel I'll be ordering another car straight away but I'm worried that it will go on my credit file or something and I'd be refused for finance and won't be able to order something else.

3) I wish I'd have specced the car better or stretched to an S3 as I feel the A3 is somehow a downgrade to my current car but I wouldn't want to look like a boy racer in an S3 (lol)

4) Since I've ordered I've seen other cars that I could have got for the same price or cheaper that come with loads of good standard kit rather than having to pay for everything with the Audi.

What should I do?

If you paid any deposit check whether you'll loose it without a new order or if you re-order will it go towards that car ?

Cancelling shouldn't effect any credit rating as you've not signed the agreement.

If you paid any deposit check whether you'll loose it without a new order or if you re-order will it go towards that car ?

I've not paid anything yet. Just don't know if to stick with it or not.

I've not paid anything yet. Just don't know if to stick with it or not.

Ok that's good.

I'd go and have at look at the cars the dealer has in stock both old and new to get a feel for exactly what is is you're after in terms of spec. When you've got that certain ask the dealer to do a stock search to see if anything already built matches - if so no wait time. If not then re-order you'll only be set back 3 weeks by the sound of it but will get what you want with no regrets.

I've just
I ordered an A3 a few weeks ago and ever since then I've doubted my decision. I'm thinking of cancelling my order but I'm worried I'm making a mistake.
My concerns are:

1) I'll be having the pre-facelift version and I kind of wish I'd waited for the new one, plus if I'd have waited longer I probably could have got a better discount on this version.

2) If I cancel I'll be ordering another car straight away but I'm worried that it will go on my credit file or something and I'd be refused for finance and won't be able to order something else.

3) I wish I'd have specced the car better or stretched to an S3 as I feel the A3 is somehow a downgrade to my current car but I wouldn't want to look like a boy racer in an S3 (lol)

4) Since I've ordered I've seen other cars that I could have got for the same price or cheaper that come with loads of good standard kit rather than having to pay for everything with the Audi.

What should I do?

I've just cancelled and re-ordered an S3 as my spec was locked and I wanted to add additional extras. No problem with credit score/finance acceptance. No problem with the dealership and the deposit I had paid was just moved across to the new car.

I was also in the same boat in regards to the facelift, but I will get nowhere near as good a deal as I have got for the pre facelift. I also don't want to compromise on a lower spec just for a facelift.

If you are sticking with Audi just cancel and re-order as you will regret not getting the car/spec you want.

I think you should re-evaluate your options it you are feeling the car is a downgrade, as a car is a big investment. You should be excited about getting a new car, not thinking of reasons why you'll regret it.

Reactions: Rob2k68
I think you should take a good look at all the other cars that have caught your eye since ordering your A3, to compare all the options, because it sounds like you are still unsure if an A3 is the right car for you, (with or without the tech screen!).

Reactions: Pizza_man
Bear in mind that this is a well known syndrome - BM - buyer's remorse.
This comes up frequently in sales training courses. As soon as you place an order you doubt your decision.
So whatever you decide to order you will probably have similar feelings.

But it's also true that you have learned a lot since you ordered, so based on how you say you are feeling now, it's would probably be as well to cancel and re-order.
Remember that you are basically mucking the sales guy about, so be apologetic and consider your new spec very carefully :whistle2:

Good luch with your eventual decision.

Reactions: oc-quattro, Pizza_man and Rob2k68
There is a reason audis are expensive. I could have a Kia with 7 years warranty and every option under the sun but it isn't an Audi

Reactions: richinsoton, Terminator x, S32B and 1 other person
Natalie, you're obviously having doubts about your decision given the number of questions & concerns you've raised, so my advice would be to cancel the current order. Then sit down & look at what you want from a car, there must have been something that drew you to the A3 as opposed to other cars. Once you've decided which car you want, list your needs, costing & prioritising each one, then place your order.

As to the facelift A3, I wouldn't worry about it, there will always be something newer, faster, better specified coming along but if we waited we'd never buy anything.

good luck with your decision.

Reactions: richinsoton, Terminator x and Rob2k68
My view - cancel and go to the Ford Garage.
You have too many queries / doubts at this stage, so cancelling is a must.
Don't end up with a car just because you didn't want to upset the Salesman - that's what they get paid for (handsomely).

Non performance Audi's are very expensive when compared to other manufacturers.
What used to be non-premium brands are now so much better and closer to the premium brands and without the ooomph of S and RS models I would never buy a BMW/Audi/Merc. As an example I think the wife's well spec'd Qashqai is a far better purchase than a more expensive Q3 having extensively tried both (ignoring the RSQ3 obviously).

From the tone of your comments I think it sounds like you need to step back from your purchase and look around for what you really want and which manufacturer meets that.

Reactions: Snibo
You can buy my car for £28,500 lol

Reactions: Daveotto, Stevier88 and pburv
Ok that's good.

I'd go and have at look at the cars the dealer has in stock both old and new to get a feel for exactly what is is you're after in terms of spec. When you've got that certain ask the dealer to do a stock search to see if anything already built matches - if so no wait time. If not then re-order you'll only be set back 3 weeks by the sound of it but will get what you want with no regrets.

I think I'm going to do that, if I was 100% I wouldn't be questioning my decision like this so I'll be taking a trip to the dealership.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and OliS3
I've just

I've just cancelled and re-ordered an S3 as my spec was locked and I wanted to add additional extras. No problem with credit score/finance acceptance. No problem with the dealership and the deposit I had paid was just moved across to the new car.

I was also in the same boat in regards to the facelift, but I will get nowhere near as good a deal as I have got for the pre facelift. I also don't want to compromise on a lower spec just for a facelift.

If you are sticking with Audi just cancel and re-order as you will regret not getting the car/spec you want.

I think you should re-evaluate your options it you are feeling the car is a downgrade, as a car is a big investment. You should be excited about getting a new car, not thinking of reasons why you'll regret it.

Thanks for this reply, I feel like I'm in exactly the same boat as you. I haven't paid a deposit so I don't have to worry about that, I was mainly worried about the finance acceptance being declined because I'd probably end up spending more for a higher spec car, but I rang Audi/Volkswagen finance and they said if they did decline for this reason, that I could reapply straight away for a cheaper amount as it wasn't declined because of any default on my file, which is good to know!
I was going to look at other brands but I've always wanted an A3/S3 and like I said I'd be worried about being declined for finance off someone else but I know for sure I can get accepted with Audi.
I'm not too bothered about the facelift version as such, as long as I get a good deal now, which at the moment I don't feel I have. I think I'll be looking at the cars they have in stock and see what kind of deal I can get on those before I re order and have to wait all over again.

My view - cancel and go to the Ford Garage.
You have too many queries / doubts at this stage, so cancelling is a must.
Don't end up with a car just because you didn't want to upset the Salesman - that's what they get paid for (handsomely).

Why the ford garage?

Bear in mind that this is a well known syndrome - BM - buyer's remorse.
This comes up frequently in sales training courses. As soon as you place an order you doubt your decision.
So whatever you decide to order you will probably have similar feelings.

But it's also true that you have learned a lot since you ordered, so based on how you say you are feeling now, it's would probably be as well to cancel and re-order.
Remember that you are basically mucking the sales guy about, so be apologetic and consider your new spec very carefully :whistle2:

Good luch with your eventual decision.

I don't know if what I'm feeling is normal because I've ordered or I genuinely don't want the car? What car would you order if you were me?

Go with your heart decision... I made the mistake of trying to be sensible about a car and bought a diesel TT. A year later and I chopped it in for a new S3 as per signature

It depends how much you want it. If a car is all you work for like me, then you should have no doubts and enjoy it. What's money for?

Reactions: Goodfella74, pburv and Rob2k68
Go with your heart decision... I made the mistake of trying to be sensible about a car and bought a diesel TT. A year later and I chopped it in for a new S3 as per signature

It depends how much you want it. If a car is all you work for like me, then you should have no doubts and enjoy it. What's money for?

This is true I mean my hobby is cars that's why this will be my 3rd current car. In fact I'm actually currently insured to drive 4 different cars, I think I've got a problem. I really love your S3, I'd get sepang too.

Not another Sepang lol
e450fd3ca576abb85436a98557f31fc9.jpg

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Rob2k68
This is true I mean my hobby is cars that's why this will be my 3rd current car. In fact I'm actually currently insured to drive 4 different cars, I think I've got a problem. I really love your S3, I'd get sepang too.

You've answered the dilemma yourself there ;) S3 it is. I would be on the phone to your dealer tomorrow asking if there's any in their stock you like the look of.

It's not a problem you've got, it's a hobby and a great one too :D

3rd current car? What else is in the garage?

P.S. If my girlfriend had an S3, I think I would find her even more attractive! Haha

You've answered the dilemma yourself there ;) S3 it is. I would be on the phone to your dealer tomorrow asking if there's any in their stock you like the look of.

It's not a problem you've got, it's a hobby and a great one too :D

3rd current car? What else is in the garage?

P.S. If my girlfriend had an S3, I think I would find her even more attractive! Haha

Well my boyfriend wouldn't know an S3 from the Fiesta Zetec S/BMWx5 I've got so it really won't matter to him lol. But it will matter to me so I definitely will be on the phone to the dealer tomorrow!

Reactions: Vins
Well my boyfriend wouldn't know an S3 from the Fiesta Zetec S/BMWx5 I've got so it really won't matter to him lol. But it will matter to me so I definitely will be on the phone to the dealer tomorrow!
Now.... manual or s-tronic? Lol

Reactions: Vins
No technology pack though lol

In an ideal world I'd have B&O , ILP and Tech pack but it was a cancelled order and I was happy with the deal. Guess in the end it's what you want and how much you're willing to spend

To be honest I was annoyed that I hadn't specced the tech pack on the car I've got on order but like you said if the deal was good and it was an S3 I probably wouldn't be bothered.

To be honest I was annoyed that I hadn't specced the tech pack on the car I've got on order but like you said if the deal was good and it was an S3 I probably wouldn't be bothered.
I saw the other thread. I love technology and high resolution screens, flac, 5.1 so I would love it. Would I wait 4 months and pay over £2500 for it. No way. plus then I'd have all other options I'd ideally want and wouldn't have any cash for tuning and detailing

I saw the other thread. I love technology and high resolution screens, flac, 5.1 so I would love it. Would I wait 4 months and pay over £2500 for it. No way. plus then I'd have all other options I'd ideally want and wouldn't have any cash for tuning and detailing
I know the option isn't that much but it would of added that much a new car deal compared to mine

Definitely s tronic for me, I've got a manual and auto at the moment and I still prefer the auto every time.
At least that decision is easy. I wouldn't have an standard auto as such but dsg is a different league from torque converters and 4 long gears