Second hand clocks coding.

AndyHarris1993

Reaction score
Can someone shed some light please in my 2.0tdi BKD A3

My rev counter has stopped working and been told I need second hand clocks with exact same codes (8P0 920 980 D) (VD0 D04) to be coding.

Can I use any set of clocks to be coded or...?

Thanks for the help.

Andy.

As long as the part numbers match you'll be fine, but the thing is the new clock will need mileage correction and then also will need to be coded to your immobiliser which only certain garages can do. It's quite expensive. You're probably better off getting a used set of the newer clocks in the facelift 8P and getting it put in to yours.

Hi mate

Been looking all over the place (eBay etcetera) but can't find any with the same codes as mine which is where I'm struggling.

They all seem to be (8P0 920 980 P) or (H).

I know someone who can do it but as said, finding the part is impossible :/

Oh thats okay then. Im not too sure what the end letter represents, just ask the ebay seller surely they may know, but personally i think it should fit regardless of the last letter difference.

I have asked mate but they've all said its to do with immobilizers and stuff. They said it wouldn't be possible to coding if they are not the exact same. Becoming bit of a struggle

Oh, well thats a ******. Someone will come a long with more knowledge on this lol or ask @NHN he should know.

Reactions: martinivw
Alex retro on Facebook can code them and Craig Neddleton can do mileage correction, dealers cant/wont code second hand clocks, only new ones