Leeds dpf delete???

Manny1980

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get dpf delete from, ideally in and around leeds area? Willing to travel a bit further though for the right work!
Thing is I've just had my car mapped by revo last week,but someone mentioned that I should of got the dpf deleted too. Is this a necessity? The cars a 140 2.0 tdi 2010, pushing 185 now,
Thanks for any help
Manny!

How much would I be looking at pal,do you know?
Thanks for your reply,yeah I've heard good things about Rick,cheers!

Deffo recommend Rick based on his forum reputation and on facebook etc.

He's in Stockport so about an hours drive, not too far.

Reactions: Rog_B
Deffo recommend Rick based on his forum reputation and on facebook etc.

He's in Stockport so about an hours drive, not too far.
Do you know how much he charges pal?
And like I said is it a necessity?
Cheers mate!

Most likely your DPF will get clogged as the map over fuels in order to create the extra power. If you don't mind travelling to London then I could gut the DPF for you or build a DPF delete pipe/downpipe to mate with your existing exhaust system. I have built 3" downpipe on a 2.0 tdi Quattro Audi a3 !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 642
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    852.7 KB · Views: 261
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 277
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 243
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 213
Do you know how much he charges pal?
And like I said is it a necessity?
Cheers mate!

No worries.

In my opinion it was stupid of Revo to not explain that you should gut the DPF, blank the EGR and then remap the car so that you only may for one map.

Also, the Revo map is generic to a degree whereas my my understanding is that Rick writes each map to the car. Its the difference between a Next suit or a tailor made one.

It isn' a necessity to have it redone, but if/when the DPF gives you problems in the future, or you want more power then that would be the way to go.

If it were my car I'd have the DPF gutted and welded back up rather than replaced with some new pipe because when the MOT tester makes his visual inspection for the DPF during MOT it is still there. And it's cheaper.

But in terms of custom mapping then Rick seems to be the go to guy around here.

Reactions: mister.c. and Rog_B
Does anyone know where I can get dpf delete from, ideally in and around leeds area? Willing to travel a bit further though for the right work!
Thing is I've just had my car mapped by revo last week,but someone mentioned that I should of got the dpf deleted too. Is this a necessity? The cars a 140 2.0 tdi 2010, pushing 185 now,
Thanks for any help
Manny!
@Paul @ Unit 9 Remaps will also provide a very reasonable remap, EGR/DPF delete service for you. Choose between Rick or Paul - both are not too far - you are lucky :)

Reactions: mister.c. and Paul @ Unit 9 Remaps
Thanks for that mate,gonna give this Rick a bell then,see what he's saying! Was more bothered that there could be immediate problems with not getting it done,but by the sound of it I've got a bit of time to play with,cheers again fella!

Fr&r tuning in bradford mate. Check them out cant recomend enough

Fr&r tuning in bradford mate. Check them out cant recomend enough
Would you recommend to get the work done at all mate,I'm getting mixed messages from different people, rung the guy from jjb today,who did my map last week,he said it doesn't need doing?
He said if it was a 170 then maybe?he also said he could do it if I really wanted it,but then the map would need to be redone. Do quite a lot of motorway,so the regeneration should be OK I think,
I think I'm gonna leave it alone for now and c how I get on,
Cheers for your input mate!

@Manny1980 I'd stick with Rick or Paul, I'm in West Yorkshire too and heard loads of mixed reviews about FR&R tuning, the good are really good but then the bad are really bad, nothing in between.

I'd leave it and see how you get on, if the DPF does start to be troublesome then as I say speak with Rick or Paul.

Reactions: Manny1980
@Manny1980 I'd stick with Rick or Paul, I'm in West Yorkshire too and heard loads of mixed reviews about FR&R tuning, the good are really good but then the bad are really bad, nothing in between.

I'd leave it and see how you get on, if the DPF does start to be troublesome then as I say speak with Rick or Paul.
Cheers for your thoughts mate,yeah I'm gonna see how I get on,but if I do get it will probably ring Rick,cheers again

Reactions: Sayam