2.0tsi/tfsi Misfire when cold at low revs

jones_440

Reaction score
Hi been having a problem for couple of months now with my 2009 audi a3 2.0tfsi ccza engine code . Ever since having the car remapped (revo stg1) When the car is left for more then 4 ish hours the car misfires when driving at about 2000 revs or a little below their is misfire counters for cylinder 1 2 and 3 but not 4 seems to be worse when the weather is colder and if u accelerate through it feels fine. But no codes or Eml light. The comaomy who remapped it has had the car back and sent logs to revo and assured me it has nothing to do with the map. When the car is up to temperature drives absolutely fine doesn't miss a beat.
What I have tried so far.
New dv valve
New n75 valve
New genuine plugs
Checked for air leaks
Swopped coil packs
Had full service
Adapted throttle body
Adapted intake motor
Had new cylinder head chains and inlet from audi approx 3k ago.
Pcv valve
Purge valve

Would greatly appreciate any help as I'm starting to pull my hair out.

If the Revo agent is sure it's not he map, then ask him to map it back to your original factory map and see if that cures it.
Tell him all the stuff you have had done and if he's worth his salt he should help. At least this will prove the problem one way or another.

Reactions: sliced
Yeh he just said their was obviously an underlying problem what the map has now made more apparent and said he thinks it's the turbo. But how can a turbo cause a misfire? It's just I've paid alot of money for the map and I don't think I would be able to get my money back from it.

Also, clean your MAF, my RX8 used to misfire, when I cleaned it, it was perfectly fine! There's a youtube video on how to proceed etc

as soot1 said, easiest option at this stage is to get the map taken off and check if the problem still persists. Also what fuel are you putting in your car, it may be mapped to a higher RON than 95.

Last edited:
Did you have any luck with the poor running from cold I am having a very similar issue . I work offshore so the car is very rarely used . I wasn't doing it before my remap . Need to get back to tunning company I think . I have replace all plugs and coils as one of them failed after remap . So replace all of them with genuine Audi parts .

Hi been having a problem for couple of months now with my 2009 audi a3 2.0tfsi ccza engine code . Ever since having the car remapped (revo stg1) When the car is left for more then 4 ish hours the car misfires when driving at about 2000 revs or a little below their is misfire counters for cylinder 1 2 and 3 but not 4 seems to be worse when the weather is colder and if u accelerate through it feels fine. But no codes or Eml light. The comaomy who remapped it has had the car back and sent logs to revo and assured me it has nothing to do with the map. When the car is up to temperature drives absolutely fine doesn't miss a beat.
What I have tried so far.
New dv valve
New n75 valve
New genuine plugs
Checked for air leaks
Swopped coil packs
Had full service
Adapted throttle body
Adapted intake motor
Had new cylinder head chains and inlet from audi approx 3k ago.
Pcv valve
Purge valve

Would greatly appreciate any help as I'm starting to pull my hair out.

What's the latest you've heard on this mate? Also, just out of interest, which company did the Revo remap for you?

Unfortunelty I never went with revo . i went with Angel tunning . I think am going to bite the bullet and get another one done with revo . See if this makes any difference . It only does it when cold . Very annoying . Have you had any progress

Hi still no further forward with it going to take the inlet manifold off just to rule it out and also drop the exhaust off and check the wastegate for play. It is mapped to run off 99 octane fuel so only use shell v power.

Also the car runs fine on idle and will not misfire when u raise the revs only when driving it will misfire

Any update on this issue, i have a similair misfire under 1500rpm but is clear after that, codes show cylinder 1 misfire, have changed coilpack and plug with cylinder 4, code returns on cylinder 1 - car runs great otherwise.