Lowering my 07 plate s line170tdi sportback

Gary79

Reaction score
New to this forum so pls forgive me if this is a repeat thread.. Just wondering what kit people are using to lower? I'm running 19's with 225/35 tyres and need about an inch taking off the ride height without it being a nightmare to drive.. What do people recommend? Been looking at eibach pro sport springs but for the same price I can get a set of fk coil overs, has anyone used these? Any good? Also H and R springs but I've read that these can drop the car very low and not sure if the ride will be awful.. Any advice will be much appreciated

Hi Gary, welcome.
Mine is an S-Line too running 19" RS3 Rotors. Currently running 235/35 but the rears catch on the arches sometimes so next week I will be buying 225/35 like yours.

Anyway - I had Eibach Pro-Kit springs previously but didn't feel they make much difference tbh. Hardly noticeable from stock S-Line setup but give a SLIGHTLY better ride. I therefore wouldn't bother with them and go straight for Eibach Sportline springs as they lower the car sufficiently (not in the weeds) but are still very comfortable. If your budget stretches go for the suspension kit I went for - Bilstein B12 Sportline kit. Highly recommended. Speak to @DPM.

Check out my gallery as I have loads of before & after pix.

I've had experience of H&R on my 8L S3 - they were really low and as a result gave a very solid ride - not really to my liking.

Let me know if need to know anythin else.
Cheers
Donny

Reactions: DPM
Thanks Donny! Thanks for taking the time to respond
Yea I was running 235's and was catching on the rear too but the 225's have cured this but you need to be extra careful not to kerb your alloys as I've found out a few times
Yea I've read that the pro kit doesn't make that much difference to an sline drop wise so i think I'll take your advice and go for the sport line kit..
Did you run standard shocks with the new springs? Did they cope ok?

Thanks Donny! Thanks for taking the time to respond
Yea I was running 235's and was catching on the rear too but the 225's have cured this but you need to be extra careful not to kerb your alloys as I've found out a few times
Yea I've read that the pro kit doesn't make that much difference to an sline drop wise so i think I'll take your advice and go for the sport line kit..
Did you run standard shocks with the new springs? Did they cope ok?

No worries geez, happy to help. Nah I never ran standard shocks with the Sportlines because I got a good deal on the B12 kit but I've heard the S-Line shocks cope very well with Sportlines - depends on how much mileage your standard shocks have done & their condition. If it's over 100k+ you might wana think about the B12 kit as it's the same labour cost.

For more research have a look at these links:
http://www.europerformance.co.uk/parts/suspension/eibach-lowering-springs-prokit-vs-sportline/
http://www.europerformance.co.uk/parts/suspension/eibach-sportline-springs/

Oh yeah and if you really have time I would recommend having a browse through Ads' conversion!
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...version-part-nos-prices-tips-included.116848/